DUKW sinks in Liverpool

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Jun 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An amphibious tourist vehicle has sunk with a load of tourists on board.

having seen these things pootling up and down the Thames I'm not that surprised as the freeboard (distance between the waterline and the top of the hull) is very low. In a stiff breeze with choppy waters it looks a bit dodgy.

The still shot I've seen shows fairly calm waters so in this case I expect some Scouser has trousered a vital bit of the DUKW - a stop-cock or somesuch.

2. That's one ferry that hasn't crossed the Mersey then.
    Hope everyone on board is safe.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Didn't this happen a few months back aswell?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Best wishes for all those affected.

Isn't this becoming a fairly regular occurrence?

5. Details are still coming in but there are no reports of any drownings. I'm just hoping there are no French involved as I'll be on the next train to Liverpool (I'm working for French News this weekend).

I can see the headlines though: - 'Amphibious sinking claims frogs'

• Like Like x 1
  6. The population of Liverpool will line the streets as the wreckage is recovered and then blame The Sun for torpedoing it.

• Like Like x 15
  7. End of March - early April iirc.

8. I bet them dockers are still on strike, what is it now about 30 years?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Not their fault - blame Maggie: she left them no choice (or future).:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Not long before the HSE mothballs the whole of Frog Tour's fleet of DUKW craft then - although to be fair they have been at work for nearly 68 years.

11. That'll be the norm for people too soon - if only to pay for the social charter etc. Speaking of which (linking to EU legislation) why aren't you over in Bruxelles covering the breaking story there?

Mass hysteria and panic, apparently - due to sudden appearance of a UFO. Big orange one, up in the sky.

• Like Like x 7
  12. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Has a second one gone down or is Sky's finest almost three months late with the scoop?

13. Well at least that's 30 scousers that have had a bath this month.

• Like Like x 14