Duke of Westminster

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by MrPVRd, Feb 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Huzzah for his Grace! It is good to see that some of the older traditions of the Army have been revived! I am sure that he has many illustrious predecessors who will be moving up and down vertically in their graves! :numberone:

On a more serious note, did the Screws campaign so vigourously for the departure of a former Home Secretary with a taste for impregnating the wives of other men? I doubt it......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. and the journo's point is.....? pointless having a position of power without abusing it. top lad, just wish I'd get invited to one of his parties. I defy any squaddy on this site to honestly say "if I was worth Millions I would'nt throw it around abit and shag for England" :thumright:

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I wouldn't mind fecking Engerland but I certainly would not shag for Engerlund! :winkrazz:

4. Well done stalker! Let me know where you put you OP, I might try and find a suitable place near for mine, or I'll just walk up to the house and ask for an invite in, who knows I might be lucky enough to be invited in. I met The Duke of Westminster in Brecon 2001 when firing LAW94 H.E.A.T. Good day out had by all and The Duke was a good laugh.
    I agree what's the point in being rich and powerful if you're not going to do anything about it. If you've got there somehow, why not take advantage of the perks?

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Personally If I had his money I'd have a hareem. I guess that the legal standing of 'slaves that your right hand possess' would be difficult given modern human rights, but I'm sure that a contract of some sort could be written up, I'm imagining a bath house with lots of lovelies (and its not the first time :twisted: ).

What amuses me is the old english tradition of the mistress. Ignoring hareems for a moment, I really fail to see why mistresses can't be put on a legal footing, oh yes I recall...no body ever delineates exactly what law 'the rule of law' refers to...

On a more serious note, where do these journalists get off? What public interest do the activities of a Duke serve? Surely this is invasion of privacy to the highest degree?

6. Yet another case of jobs for the boys as long as you have the right connections.

The Duke joined the Territorial Army in 1970 as a trooper. After long service, including commanding 'C' squadron (The Cheshire Yeomanry) and his regiment, The Queen's Own Yeomanry, he became Honorary Colonel-in-Chief of several regiments, including The Royal Mercian and Lancastrian Yeomanry, 7th Regt. Army Air Corps, and the Canadian Royal Westminster Regiment and Colonel Commandant Yeomanry, Royal Armoured Corps. In 2004 he was appointed to the new post of Assistant Chief of Defence Staff (Reserves and Cadets) with promotion to the rank of Major General. He is the first reservist holding such rank since the 1930s.

7. fair shout, but I'd bet you'd fcuk for scotland given the chance :thumright:

8. This is about as newsworthy a story as Harry visits nightclub - fight breaks out somewhere near him - shocker!

Hacks - Bags o' shite the lotta 'em ! :pissedoff:

9. Didn't he once buy new armoured vehicles for his TA unit out of his own pocket?

10. "The 55-year-old Duke commands 250,000 reservists—including 138,000 young cadets who look up to him as a role model."

When did cadets become reservists?

Typical tabloid shite. Next week, Elvis seen playing Golf with the Loch Ness monster........

11. The Duke of Westminster doesn't have any predecessors as he was the first to hold this appointnent. When he goes, will another officer be appointed in his place? Also, what exactly does he do? :confused:

12. he's doing what any squaddie worth 6billion would do :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. I heard a little rumour about the fella (the Duke) that went along the lines off the septics phoning him up one day and wanting to buy the ground that there embassy stood on, as he was there landlord and owned the land it was his call...... he very graciously said he would happily give them the land as a gift with out any money changing hands....if they would give him his land back that they nicked in the war of independance.......they currently call it florida...the septic cnut put the phone down on him, no sense of humour I suppose.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Now there's an idea, how about he evicts the septics and turns their embassy into a hareem....

15. The man has only done what any other red-blooded Ulsterman would have done given the opportunity and the money to do it.

I say well done Gerald lad - get stuck in round about them.