Duke of Lancasters information.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by morky79, Jun 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to join the TA soon and would like to know a little bit about 4 Lancs if anybody on here is with them.

Is PT done by the individual or do they regularly get out on tabs, etc?

What's the training like (once you pass CIC and actually join the Coy)? Are there opportunities to get on courses and improve your skills/become more of an asset?

Most importantly, are there good prospects of deploying overseas? I'm aware that there was a recent peace keeping tour in Cyprus. Are there plans to go there again or anywhere else in the near future?

Basically I just want to get some good training and get deployed.

Thanks for any advice offered.

2. Hi Mate

Where are you in Lancs?

3. Hi OG,

I'm in Liverpool, just down the road from Townsend Avenue.

4. I am currently on early stages of recruit training with 4LANCS, from what I gather the opportunity for courses is v.good, our trained lot are getting weekly opportunities for new courses etc, once CIC is out of the way then going on a tour is very likely

Re: PT its your responsibility to get yourself fit, they (training wing) cant do it for you seeing you two weekends a month, having said that at my company a few of the lads get together to do PT etc, each coy differs I suppose