Duke of Edinburgh statue proposal

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It won't be on the forth plinth as that is now a major international arts prize, and I have to say it is working very well for the arts and for toursits etc.

Phil the Greek, long may he live, statue will be parked up St James way I would guess

Last edited:

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
By length of Service he deserves a major statue, perhaps near the Albert memorial or the matelots might fancy Devonport or Portsmouth ?

Old-Salt
Aye.

As long as it doesn't look like it was installed by an Indian. Oops, I meant to say cowboys. I just got my cowboys and Indians mixed up.*

*With thanks to HRH for the (paraphrased) gaffe.

Aye.

As long as it doesn't look like it was installed by an Indian. Oops, I meant to say cowboys. I just got my cowboys and Indians mixed up.*

*With thanks to HRH for the (paraphrased) gaffe.
that post was a bit of car crash...

When you think of all the memorials to Victoria’s Albert; Albert Dock, the Royal Albert Hall, the Albert Memorial- and not forgetting his famous cock ring of course- there are sure to be a plethora of similar “Prince Philip Insert Thing Here” projects. Hopefully the old boy’s got a few more years in him yet though.

I propose several statues, including one in China for good measure.

Why not one of the DoE (pbuh) on the entrance to Sandringham Estate standing there shading his eyes with one hand ?

On a serious note, yes perhaps one at Portsmouth and/or at Devonport might be appropriate when the time comes ….

Perhaps the fourth plinth could simply have a smashed up Range Rover on it's side as a tribute to not GAF?
1568600863498.png

Last edited:

offog

LE
I thought you had to be dead 10 years before you could have one put up.