Duke of Edinburgh - Speculation

and this coup plot was to rely on the use of 30,000 Polish troops stationed locally? Anyone see a flaw in this plan?
Indeed, as a family closely associated with the Polish Army in exile, this is a load of tosh. The soldiers and officiers that we knew would have gone to hell before lifting a finger to help Germany. Sikorski wouldn't have helped the Germans. He tried to have the Russians join them against the Germans but Stalin stuck his knife into that idea.

Happy 98th birthday to Phil the Greek: still keeping the speculations and undertakers waiting.

'Prince Philip did not take part in events for the US President’s state visit last week and usually lives on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk. He reportedly spends time reading, paining and meeting friends. He surrendered his drivers licence in early 2019 after being involved in a dramatic crash in his land rover, which flipped, but still drives on private roads in the grounds of the royal estates. The Queen and Prince Philip have been married for 71 years.'

https ://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/duke-of-edinburgh-celebrates-98th-birthday/news-story/fdde75679d06831300be1575346aca4f

Happy 98th birthday to Phil the Greek: still keeping the speculations and undertakers waiting.

'Prince Philip did not take part in events for the US President’s state visit last week and usually lives on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk. He reportedly spends time reading, paining and meeting friends. He surrendered his drivers licence in early 2019 after being involved in a dramatic crash in his land rover, which flipped, but still drives on private roads in the grounds of the royal estates. The Queen and Prince Philip have been married for 71 years.'

https ://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/duke-of-edinburgh-celebrates-98th-birthday/news-story/fdde75679d06831300be1575346aca4f
The current situation is a concern. Given there were veterans older than him on parade last week and his own strong support to these type of events over the years, I do hope he isn’t ailing.
Anyway, enough of the doom and gloom, Happy Birthday Sir!

FFS, what part of “retired from public life” is not clear to people?
Der mongy wongy 'i speak for all cos i use dis soshul meedya' types of peepels man.

The utter fcuking belmer spastic twat types. Cnuts all of them DoH! crack on sire, you're a fakking legend.

Retiring from public life (civic duty), and retiring from the view of the public are two quite different things.
Are they? Why shouldn’t he just potter round (if that’s what his doctors have advised, who knows?) Retired from public life means just that.

It’s not as if he was workshy while he was active in public life.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The skinny is the DofE is completely gaga, going round Sandringham shouting at everyone and being totally obnoxious.

In other words he is completely normal, no change and enjoying retirement!

Are they? Why shouldn’t he just potter round (if that’s what his doctors have advised, who knows?) Retired from public life means just that.

It’s not as if he was workshy while he was active in public life.
Retiring from public life does not equate to becoming a recluse. My bold.

Prince Philip, who is 95, will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year, Buckingham Palace has announced. The Palace said in a statement it was the The Duke of Edinburgh's decision taken with the support of the Queen. It said: "His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has decided that he will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year. In taking this decision, The Duke has the full support of The Queen.

"Prince Philip will attend previously scheduled engagements between now and August, both individually and accompanying The Queen. Thereafter, The Duke will not be accepting new invitations for visits and engagements, although he may still choose to attend certain public events from time to time.

Prince Philip retires: Queen's husband to step down from public life in autumn, Buckingham Palace announces

...which will come as a relief to those of a dusty completion, far eastern origins, the denizens of the Indian sub continent, and anybody, male or female who isn't a Wasp.
And those with no sense of humour, those looking to be outraged needlessly, social justice warrior types and other ill-informed excuses for human beings.

Not me babes, servility and courtesy costs nothing, and if you wear the big hat, then lead by example.
He does/did.

"Just take the fcuking picture" :)

Retiring from public life does not equate to becoming a recluse. My bold.

Prince Philip, who is 95, will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year, Buckingham Palace has announced. The Palace said in a statement it was the The Duke of Edinburgh's decision taken with the support of the Queen. It said: "His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has decided that he will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year. In taking this decision, The Duke has the full support of The Queen.

"Prince Philip will attend previously scheduled engagements between now and August, both individually and accompanying The Queen. Thereafter, The Duke will not be accepting new invitations for visits and engagements, although he may still choose to attend certain public events from time to time.

Prince Philip retires: Queen's husband to step down from public life in autumn, Buckingham Palace announces
Apologies, didnt realise that you have the right to tell a 98 year old war veteran when and where he has to put in a public appearance. The key word you overlooked in your quote is choose. His choice.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
He definitely isn't a Remainer
In Germany, in 1997, he welcomed German Chancellor Helmut Kohl at a trade fair as "Reichskanzler" - the last German leader who used the title was Adolf Hitler.

Apologies, didnt realise that you have the right to tell a 98 year old war veteran when and where he has to put in a public appearance. The key word you overlooked in your quote is choose. His choice.
If the key word I overlooked was choose, then why did I put it in bold so you could find it easily?

Which part of 'Which is a pity for the rest of us, as it could have been the source of some more memorable quotes' is demanding the DofE appear anywhere? I simply expressed the view that had he been present (as a member of the family, which he could do as a private citizen rather than in any public capacity) any encounter with either POTUS or FLOTUS could have been the source of an amusing quote or two, as in the the one's he's provided down the years and chronicled in the link in the same post.

Last edited: