Duke of Edinburgh - Speculation

The Duke of Kent his younger brother was picked up by police dressed as a woman in the company of Noel Coward a reported (but not in the press) lover
Many believed that he was the man Hess was attempting to reach when he was downed over Scotland
He flew to Lanarkshire to find the Duke of Kent? Why?

and this coup plot was to rely on the use of 30,000 Polish troops stationed locally? Anyone see a flaw in this plan?

Don't forget he was killed by Churchill who got the crew of a flying boat to hit a hillside in Scotland
And they say Winnie did nothing for morale.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't forget he was killed by Churchill who got the crew of a flying boat to hit a hillside in Scotland
And they say Winnie did nothing for morale.
Its a wonder that Winston had any time for running a country at war given the time he seems to have spent engineering fatal air crashes. I wonder what he had against Glen Miller?

He goes up in my esteem every article i read about him.

Sadly they broke the mould when they made him.

"Other ideas floated during the conversation included erecting a giant screen in a Royal park and inviting Nelson Mandela and other showbiz stars."

Having seen the mawkishness at Mandela's funeral, one can certainly believe this.

"Oh yes - dead. Let's make it a frenzy for the media!"

Next time a big gun snuffs it, I'm sure the Kardashians will be angling for a seat.

Netflix are currently making series 2 of 'The Crown' which details the early life of Her Maj and how she came to the throne and her rule thru the 50's/60's.

Phil the philanderer is in for a pasting for putting it about apparently.

I couldn't believe the crassness of that suggestion. Unlike politicians the Royal Family doesn’t need 'celebrities' to make them famous. They are permanent, not transient!

The Duke of Edinburgh was perfectly right in challenging BLAIR and his anti-monarchist team. Let us not forget:

Following her divorce from Charles, she was nothing more than a commoner, albeit the daughter of a Life Peer, a Sloan Ranger on the pull, who was using whatever influence she had accrued to embarrass the Royal Family at every opportunity, through the Press, Media, point scoring, and a Public she never really cared about.

Ultimately she was not really entitled to a State Funeral as she was no longer a member of the Royal Family, even though the Prince of Wales had arranged for his Standard to be draped on the coffin and had overseen much of the funeral arrangements, less those hijacked by the so called Celebs.

Last edited:
The Duke of Edinburgh was perfectly right in challenging BLIAR and his team. Let us not forget:

After all following her divorce from Charles, she was nothing more than a commoner, a Sloan Ranger on the pull, who was using whatever influence she had accrued to embarrass the Royal Family through the Press, Media, point scoring, and a Public she never really cared about.

Ultimately she was not really entitled to a State Funeral as she was no longer a member of the Royal Family, even though the Prince of Wales had arranged for his Standard to be draped on the coffin and had overseen much of the funeral arrangements, less those hijacked by the so called Celebs.
She was the daughter of an Earl. I think she was also ill, and didn't like her behaviour, but I think your vituperation is excessive.

Luckily the Duke of Edinburgh realised that owing to ignorance within the general populace (remember the fuss when the Royal Standard was not at half mast?) a State Funeral was needed. However challenging the rest of the Blair Government's stupidity was the right thing for the Duke to do.

Isn't 'Bliar' a little dated/worn out by now?

She was the daughter of an Earl. I think she was also ill, and didn't like her behaviour, but I think your vituperation is excessive.

Luckily the Duke of Edinburgh realised that owing to ignorance within the general populace (remember the fuss when the Royal Standard was not at half mast?) a State Funeral was needed. However challenging the rest of the Blair Government's stupidity was the right thing for the Duke to do.

Isn't 'Bliar' a little dated/worn out by now?
Agreed she was the daughter of an Earl, but he was a member of the privileged hereditary peerage and former member of the House of Lords, but NOT a member of the Royal Family.

Agreed she was the daughter of an Earl, but he was a member of the privileged hereditary peerage and former member of the House of Lords, but NOT a member of the Royal Family.
She was also the mother of the future king, so maybe a bit of slack should have been given.