Duke of Edinburgh is admitted to hospital, looks serious

No doubt about it Prince Phillip is the coolest royal anywhere in the world!

His gaffes are priceless and he really is a national treasure. I am anti- monarchy in many ways, but how the hell do you replace a man like this?:

In 1969 The Duke said to Tom Jones after the Royal Variety Performance: "What do you gargle with, pebbles?"

Genius. Get well soon Sir.

S

swampmonster

ap8889 said:

His gaffes are priceless and he really is a national treasure. I am anti- monarchy in many ways, but how the hell do you replace a man like this?:

In 1969 The Duke said to Tom Jones after the Royal Variety Performance: "What do you gargle with, pebbles?"

Well Said..get well soon Sir :wink:

I love the Duke, he's absolutely priceless. I'd be incredibly sad if he copped it.

agreed. One of the first people to come out and talk about sustainability in a realistic way. Also who can forget "How do you keep the natives off the whisky long enough to get them through the test?". Genius.

Best wishes sir.

I've dined with him once and had a good drink with him on another occasion. He was excellent conversation (none of it I would repeat here except to say PC it wasn't).

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

A national institution in the best possible sense. Long may he continue to outrage mealy-mouthed, politically-correct non-achievers. Get well soon Sir.

A speedy return to health for you Sir. I bet he loves the ARRSE board.

Ah fcuk, I hope he's ok, bar far my favourite Royal

Always cracks me up, I think one of his best quotes was when he was somewhere in asia, he commented on how everyone was looking very yellow this morning!

ap8889 said:

I feel roughly the same. It's not even proven (yet) he did for the Queen of Hearts. Get well soon you mad Greek.

"He suffered arthritis in his right wrist from playing polo, attempting to dull the pain with Butazolodin, a drug more usually given to lame horses and recommended by his head groom.

It was reported that he stopped taking it because of the side effects. "

Sir, you are officially Nails.

And get well soon please, Sir.

Dunservin said:
A national institution in the best possible sense. Long may he continue to outrage mealy-mouthed, politically-correct non-achievers. Get well soon Sir.
I whole heartedly concur.

I do hope you recover soon, your country needs the likes of you Sir.

Dunservin said:
Quite so and long may he continue. Such good value.

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?"
(after the Dunblane)

"Bloody silly fool!"

(to a Cambridge University car park attendant who failed to recognise him)

"It looks as if it was put in by an Indian."
(referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh)

"Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf."
(to young deaf people in Cardiff, referring to a school's steel band)

"You are a woman, aren't you?"
(to a woman who had presented him with a gift in Keyna)

"Your country is one of the most notorious centres of trading in endangered species in the world."
(in Thailand, after accepting a conservation award)

"Oh no, I might catch some ghastly disease."
(in Australia, when asked to stroke a Koala)

"You can't have been here that long - you haven't got a pot belly."
(to a Briton in Budapest)

"Aren't most of you descended from pirates?"
(to an islander in the Cayman Islands)

"You managed not to get eaten, then?"
to a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea)

"If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it."
(at a World Wildlife Fund meeting)

"People usually say that after a fire it is water damage that is the worst. We are still trying to dry out Windsor Castle."
(to a man who lived in a road where 11 people had been killed by wreckage from the Pan Am jumbo in Lockerbie.)

"Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?"
(Attributed to HRH DoE whilst speaking to Susan Edwards. Who is blind, wheelchair bound and has a guide dog.)

Good on you Sir. Get well soon.

Get well soon sir, Your country STILL needs you.