Duke of Edinburgh is admitted to hospital, looks serious

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by armchair_jihad, Apr 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Too right the blokes a scream. Plus he actually earnt some of his bling, not like some of the other Royals.
  2. No doubt about it Prince Phillip is the coolest royal anywhere in the world!

His gaffes are priceless and he really is a national treasure. I am anti- monarchy in many ways, but how the hell do you replace a man like this?:

In 1969 The Duke said to Tom Jones after the Royal Variety Performance: "What do you gargle with, pebbles?"

Genius. Get well soon Sir.
  3. The bloke says what he is thinking, its usually funny but people just don't get it.

Get well soon Sir
  4. Well Said..get well soon Sir :wink:
  5. I love the Duke, he's absolutely priceless. I'd be incredibly sad if he copped it.
  6. agreed. One of the first people to come out and talk about sustainability in a realistic way. Also who can forget "How do you keep the natives off the whisky long enough to get them through the test?". Genius.

Best wishes sir.
  7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Get well soon, Sir.

The Nation, and HMQ of course, need you.
  8. I've dined with him once and had a good drink with him on another occasion. He was excellent conversation (none of it I would repeat here except to say PC it wasn't).

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
  9. A national institution in the best possible sense. Long may he continue to outrage mealy-mouthed, politically-correct non-achievers. Get well soon Sir.
  10. A speedy return to health for you Sir. I bet he loves the ARRSE board.
  11. Ah fcuk, I hope he's ok, bar far my favourite Royal

Always cracks me up, I think one of his best quotes was when he was somewhere in asia, he commented on how everyone was looking very yellow this morning!
  12. Get well soon D of E Sir! One of the old school and not afraid to tell the truth.
  13. There's life in the old Sea Dog yet!

Get well soon Sir!
  14. I feel roughly the same. It's not even proven (yet) he did for the Queen of Hearts. Get well soon you mad Greek.