Duffy

Just discovered this new singer, liked her lastest songs, I used to be a Northern Souler and this song would fit right in the scene.

Duffy- mercy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2orthS3TQ

her other songs liek Warwick avenue are just as good, but much prefer Mercy,

bonus she is nothing like Amy Winehouse

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
I would though!

I did initially think she was black, a very good one, reminds me of Rick Astley, he sounded Black and has the right tone.

here is a Rick Astley song.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

check out the fit blonde birds on it, I love the 80s. :D

don't bother baiting I am not falling for it :)

arby said:
semper said:
I did initially think she was black, a very good one, reminds me of Rick Astley, he sounded Black and has the right tone.

here is a Rick Astley song.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

check out the fit blonde birds on it, I love the 80s. :D

don't bother baiting I am not falling for it :)
christ, you are fcuking deaf aren't you?
Seconded! What the fcuk?? Unless there are 2 Rick Astleys, and the one I've never heard has a lot more talent than the useless mlarr that I had the grosse misfortune to hear one or twice.

But with regards to Duffy, she's pretty good, and I'd certainly smash one into her if I had the opportunity to administer the regulation doss of rohypnol :)

well thats down to personal taste, I suppose I am fond of the 80s cos that my Youth, noticed 80s fashion is coming back again.

semper said:
well thats down to personal taste, I suppose I am fond of the 80s cos that my Youth, noticed 80s fashion is coming back again.
I agree, it is down to personal taste.....I've met plenty of people that like the 80s....I like a few tunes myslef......but you're the 1st, and I assume the last, that has ever said that Rick "less talent than a bucket of shoite" Astley sounds black.

Very true regarding the fashion.

semper said:
hang on, why the fcuk am I discussing music with you?

anyway back to Duffy, reckon she has the talent ?

semper said:
Just discovered this new singer, liked her lastest songs, I used to be a Northern Souler and this song would fit right in the scene.

Duffy- mercy
'Just discovered this new singer'! Mercy was released on 11th February and her album 'Rockferry' was released on 3rd March.

Do they call you 'lightning'?

Filbert Fox said:
semper said:

Duffy- mercy
'Just discovered this new singer'! Mercy was released on 11th February and her album 'Rockferry' was released on 3rd March.

Do they call you 'lightning'?
I have heard this song before, but I couldn't place it or who sang it, I only found out last week, gimme a break, better late than never !

whilst you've got your finger on the pulse, can I suggest Adele or Gabrielle Climi. And if you really really want to impress people with your knowledge of cutting edge female artists have a look for Angelique Keni, Yael Naim and Laura Marling.

I heard a great band the the other day! The name escapes me.......I think it was ABBA? Although I can't swear to it. The song was definatley called "mamma mia." I think that they have great potential....I look foward to seeing them in the charts sometime soon when they release their 1st album ;)

Yeo_Man said:
Does anyone remember Carmel from the 80's

Dug out an old CD and the resemblance is uncanny.

YM
cheers yeoman, what a find, just downloaded some stuff, Im a happy arby now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Biscuits_Brown Current Affairs, News and Analysis 13
JoeCivvie The NAAFI Bar 46
thegimp The NAAFI Bar 7