Duffdike dribble trashing best of

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by msr, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

The duffdike:

Bores on endlessly on every subject you can imagine despite his military experience being years out of date. Has an opinion on absolutely everything yet is curiously general with specifics when you try to pin him down. Occasional anachronisms appear in his stories, but then again, he has been rather obscure with his references.

Finds his outlet on the internet, where unlike the pub, no-one can physically throw the boring fool out.

2. Here's another one, the bleedin goal keeper.

I did underground training for the pit in the late 70s. Trainees would get out of the mine early and watch educational films about pit life.

However one time we went straight to the football field blacked up and waiting for our showers.

Once you get three goals you can get away and shower and go home.

"Bags I be goalie" says Mr Fails to Grasp the Situation.

Gordon Banks would admire this twat. He was saving them all ways.

If someone had not rendered him hors de goalie we would never have got away for a shower and go home.
  3. Another sophisticated post by a MOD.
  4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Well here's one from a non-mod.

You Colin, are a big fat Billy.
    As msr points out, 'your' stories are full of anachronisms and you only allude to your unit.

In reality you've befriended, (read: used,) a real ex-serviceman and have cobbled together a bunch of tales using his reminiscences and whatever you can glean from books & the net.

Your 'facts' about the Selous Scouts were so wide of the mark that you don't even rate any ire amongst the ex-members, merely a saddened laugh and the comment, "poes !"

You've had your little thrill big-timing it again, now double away, (that's soldier talk for run along,) and chat to folks about your fly-fishing & CCF 'career.'
  5. I'd rather amusing posts at a walts expense, than read anecdotes from you about your fictitious army career.
  6. Cuts, I bet you can't wait to read more of his exploits about the Selous Scouts.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I thought it was the sea scouts as in the Verger from Dads Army!
  8. Anyone who thinks the Selous Scouts looked anything like the two bods in the image in the original thread is mad. They didn't wear cam on ops. And they never carried FNs.
    Special forces were issued the G3. But they rarely used them either. The image in the original thread of the guys at the demo were probably on continuation training and learning to fire the Russian RPK. I repeat what I said previously. I have hardly ever seen a genuine photograph of the Scouts in the field. Anyone who knows the first thing about their history knows why. If you haven't been to Zimb or read the books there is bags of stuff about them on the net. I am beginning to wonder if some of the erstwhile Scouts hereabouts haven't been doing a bit of Walting themselves.
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

"Zimb" ? WTF ? 8O

You didn't get that out of "Colin's Bumper Book of Non-CCF Soldiers" did you ?
    At least you're admitting to pulling all your 'gen' out of books instead of pretending to have been a soldier.
  10. Caubeen anyone?
  11. Duffdike - have you been at the 345 year old Black Bush again!

Any walting Ulsterman cnut could tell you that the scouts used both FN FAL AND G3...regardless of how many whiskies he had had or how many school boys he had abused...
  12. Duffdike is not Caubeen.

100% not
  13. I do not believe that :)
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I do.

Thought your auntie sang well too.
  15. Cuts, I work with a couple of Zimbabweans and they refer to it as Zim, minus the "b". So Duffdike is nearly right, but not right enough, he probably heard it being said and decided to spell it phonetically.