Duelling Army Officers Burn Down Mess

Two officers attempting to settle a disagreement by duelling with flares at a British Army base have set fire to the officers mess, according to Forces TV sources.

The officers decided the solution to their argument was to each take a kayak into the swimming pool and fire flare guns at each other at the Allenby Barracks in Bovington on Friday night.

Full Exclusive story here: Duelling Officers Set Fire To Mess

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Hmm, I hear banjo's....

Original_Punk

Old-Salt
Style - typical cavalry?

I served with an NZ Captain in the early 90's who with a couple of others drove a tank barrel through the Mess front door and let off a blank - ruined the place!

X59

LE
It's only high spirits in the Officers Mess. Nothing of concern.

Mindless hooliganism if it's the ORs, though.

Someone will be getting the Coutts chequebook out and looking forward to a single night of extras.

Style - typical cavalry?

I served with an NZ Captain in the early 90's who with a couple of others drove a tank barrel through the Mess front door and let off a blank - ruined the place!
Virtually the same thing happened in BAOR in the 70s. A pub if memory serves? ;)

When I saw the Duelling Army Officers bit, I wondered for a sec if they were talking about some East European or Asian force, where duelling may be more acceptable.

I suggested duelling with drones before being punched and kicked unconscious.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
After all the nonsense about sandwiches and pink wafers, it's re-assuring to learn that the British officer class hasn't entirely lost its talent for casual menace.

X59

LE
It would have been more satisfactory for them to have duelled with something in 9mm.

You can't buy that kind of class

Kayaks are a bit hoi polloi though

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Virtually the same thing happened in BAOR in the 70s. A pub if memory serves? ;)
Various places in and around Schnevedingen, if memory serves. Some stories were embellished with the addition of compo beans/Irish stew, etc. Don't tell me it's not true!:eek::eek::eek:

MsG

D

Deleted 20555

Good effort however poor show of marksmanship in that they missed each other...does anyone know what the duel was over? Perhaps a matter of honour?

Latest Threads