Duel qualified and not promoted

Duel qualified for section commander and didn't promote.
I have done junior Brecon at the start of the year and two years ago I passed gun commanders course in warminster I didn't get promoted when I have never had a mark on my record I've also been top of my PLT for the last two years.
One of the lads from another unit said that he was told by someone if you are duel qualified for the rank you are going into you should automatically promote on the next board or finishing the second course he said it was on a JSP somewhere but doesn't know where. Does anyone have any idea if this is true or do I have to do a 3rd course lol.
Many thanks.

Rooper

War Hero
Total rubbish; with regards to courses etc all a promotions board is interested in is whether you are qualified for promotion in line with the Combat Arms Policy for Employment (CAPE).

Other whether you are qualified or not the keys things are, is there a vacancy and did he come over the quality line.

I suggest you speak to your RCMO and ask the questions of him; he will be able to give you fact rather than what a bloke from another unit tells you about his understanding (or lack of it) regarding the process.

Have a search on Defence Connect and you will find the CAPE and then check out the MS/APC pages where you will find the Boarding Manual etc which will give you all you need to know about the process.

Total rubbish; with regards to courses etc all a promotions board is interested in is whether you are qualified for promotion in line with the Combat Arms Policy for Employment (CAPE).

Other whether you are qualified or not the keys things are, is there a vacancy and did he come over the quality line.

I suggest you speak to your RCMO and ask the questions of him; he will be able to give you fact rather than what a bloke from another unit tells you about his understanding (or lack of it) regarding the process.
Okay thank you

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Duel qualified?

Pistols?
Swords?

Welcome to the dawning realisation that 'you are just a number to them'.

I have done junior Brecon at the start of the year and two years ago I passed gun commanders course in warminster I didn't get promoted when I have never had a mark on my record I've also been top of my PLT for the last two years.
One of the lads from another unit said that he was told by someone if you are duel qualified for the rank you are going into you should automatically promote on the next board or finishing the second course he said it was on a JSP somewhere but doesn't know where. Does anyone have any idea if this is true or do I have to do a 3rd course lol.
Many thanks.
Maybe you've upset someone / haven't licked enough ass etc

Many thanks.
Remember, promotion doesn't just sit with qualifications. What were your last two SJARs, if that what they're still called, like? If there's no recommendation on there you won't promote.

Is there a gapped full screw post in your platoon? If there's no vacancy then there's no promotion.

Serious question, are you the Plt **** or admin/welfare nightmare or have you been charged for anything since completing juniors? Does your kitchen dweller gob off at mess do's and wear your rank? Again, these may hinder your chances.

As has been previously said in this thread, your first port of call for things like this is your RCMO, request an interview via your Plt Sgt, and air your views.

I'm in guns PLT and there's 7 of us but good effort:)

Then I would suggest that you get out of Guns Pl and get into a Rifle Company where your SCBC qualification will hold more water, and more scope for promotion.

More time lateral thinking and less time thinking about wise crack answers might put you on the correct track.

Then I would suggest that you get out of Guns Pl and get into a Rifle Company where your SCBC qualification will hold more water, and more scope for promotion.

More time lateral thinking and less time thinking about wise crack answers might put you on the correct track.
IIRC SCBC is required for Support Coy Cpls now.

I've been asking for rifle platoon for a while but falls on deaf ears

Well it's a good jobs p&D's are no longer in guns PLT and now all assault pioneer PLT now so playing and instrument will not benefit me at all
It will when you're inevitably SNLRd and have to rely on busking.

dlrg

LE

Latest Threads