Dudley Council bans pigs

Wibble! What more can you say?

www.telegraph.co.uk

year and a half ago, I mentioned in this space the Florentine Boar, a famous piece of porcine statuary in Derby that the council had decided not to have repaired on the grounds that it would offend Muslims. Having just seen Looney Tunes: Back in Action, in which Porky Pig mentions en passant that Warner Bros has advised him to lose the stammer, I wondered if for the British release it might be easier just to lose the pig.

Alas, the United Kingdom's descent into dhimmitude is beyond parody. Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council (Tory-controlled) has now announced that, following a complaint by a Muslim employee, all work pictures and knick-knacks of novelty pigs and "pig-related items" will be banned. Among the verboten items is one employee's box of tissues, because it features a representation of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. And, as we know, Muslims regard pigs as "unclean", even an anthropomorphised cartoon pig wearing a scarf and a bright, colourful singlet.

Cllr Mahbubur Rahman is in favour of the blanket pig crackdown. "It is a good thing, it is a tolerance and acceptance of their beliefs and understanding," he said. That's all, folks, as Porky Pig used to stammer at the end of Looney Tunes. Just a little helpful proscription in the interests of tolerance and acceptance.

The police are fcuked then! :D

Personally, I think its wrong. For those of us out in the Middle East, Ramadan starts today and we have to observe their rules in public so the muslims should fcuking observe western and christian ways of life. They should tolerate and accept the beliefs of people in the UK/Ireland/ Europe etc,etc. It is my ambition in life to convince the RAF to parachute in a load of pigs over Mecca and Medina.

(Insert obvious and lazy joke about the physical appearance and demeanour of local women here.)

What the fcuk!! Acceptance of their beliefs, what about acceptance of my beliefs!!!!!!!!! I love bacon butties, pork roast etc etc. We are in a country where the national religion is christianity, DEAL WITH IT. We don't go to muslim countries and instist they all must eat roast pork on a sunday because that is not their culture in their country. We respect that and i have no problem with it. Now respect us in our country! I'm all for diversity of religion, but not when it goes against the main populus!!!!!!!

What does it mean to be British now???

Sorry, that won't make much sense, I'm too angry to put down a coherent reply!

OS

Well, since they disapprove of representations of anything living (people, animals, birds - hence their carpets are all geometrical patterns), it's only a matter of time before the National Portrait Gallery has to destroy all its paintings. The place can then be turned into another Mosque.

A bacon buttie is the antidote.

the_matelot said:
It is my ambition in life to convince the RAF to parachute in a load of pigs over Mecca and Medina.
It's a possibility, but unfortunately it won't happen during Friday prayers for obvious reasons.

crabtastic said:
the_matelot said:
It is my ambition in life to convince the RAF to parachute in a load of pigs over Mecca and Medina.
It's a possibility, but unfortunately it won't happen during Friday prayers for obvious reasons.
and also the fact the RAF don't 'do' Fridays! Only Mon-Thurs 0900 -1500 :D

And in the very week when the latest powers-that-be report tells us that this multi-culturalism approach is what has led to the alienation of the asian youth which has then prompted them to explode in enclosed spaces.

'and also the fact the RAF don't 'do' Fridays! Only Mon-Thurs 0900 -1500'

Is that not a little rich coming from our dark-blue brethren? Have you ever tried to contact HQ Fleet on a Friday? To quote Brian Potter, 'It's not happening!'

the_matelot said:
crabtastic said:
the_matelot said:
and also the fact the RAF don't 'do' Fridays! Only Mon-Thurs 0900 -1500 :D
That's what I was getting at.

You'd Better scratch Monday morning off the planner too, Parish notes normally finish just in time for a quick call on the dial-a-mate and then a 3 hour martini lunch. Wed pm can be a bit tricky too due to sporting activity and Thursday we need to be back early, there's a beer call. Dave and Andy have interviews with Virgin on Tuesday, so probably the best that we can do for you is seven weeks Wednesday, between 1045 and 1100- if the a/c if servicable. Oh, hang on a moment- nah mate, no can do. Sorry. OC Ops has arranged for a shopping for the wives to Edinburgh.

Sorry, when do you want it again? :D

(Currently conjouring a mental picture of Lyneham/Brize snowdrops and movers trying to herd pigs. :lol: )

It's happened because there is a sufficient muslim lobby in local goverment and their PC accolytes to push this sort of c*ap. Tie this in with the screws at Wakefield prison being unable to wear St George cross tie pins for charity because it upset the muslim prisoners and it can only get worse.

The pigs are getting impatient!!!! Fcuking hurry up movers!

Have jsut written to them via their website to basically ask what they think their doing. Will be interesting to see if i get a reply!

Presumably no-one has told Dudley Council that they're now discriminating against followers of Varahi (A boar faced goddess who guards Nepali temples, if I remember correctly)...

This country really is a fu*kin mess, banning pigs!? Get a grip. A quick observation remember a couple of years ago, a boat load of Indians/Muslims/cnuts showed up off the coast of Australia attempting to get in claiming asylum. The Aussie S.A.S were quickly dispatched and told the boat crew that they didn't give a Castelmaine four x who they were, fcuk off or we'll sink yer, mate! That is how it should be done. The people behind all this 'your offending my religion bollocks' are out of control. How in the name of Allah's mums moustache can you get away with banning pigs? OneShot, it will indeed be interesting to see if you get a response.

I wouldn't mind so much, but the idea that pigs are unclean for all purposes is NOT what the Prophet Mohamed (peace be unto him) taught. It is simply forbidden to eat the flesh of animals that eat flesh or carrion. That includes all carnivores, omnivores and scavengers. Bad idea on health grounds for a kickoff. Many Moslems keep dogs and birds of prey for hunting. If the mere presence of a pig is unclean, then what about these?

The graven image thing is another discussion entirely.

Is anybody suprised that I havn't had a reply to my complaint????

OS

crabtastic said:
(Insert obvious and lazy joke about the physical appearance and demeanour of local women here.)
You beat me to it :!: - was going to suggest they'd finally have a reason now to close down "The Angel" next to the bus station :D

lancslad

In the spirit of a debate and looking for a challenge today I will come out in favour of the Muslims here.

By the way I'm a heavy eater of brother pig and bacon sarnies are a gift from God. But one thing that grips my piles are wimmin (and some girly men) who have little stuffed piggy animals decorating their work place, or their chav cars. Anyway a council building is no place for a pig anyway. Woops my argument is getting a little thin.

It was also refreshing that on a thread totally unrelated to the RAF only got to the 6th post before slagging the crabs off. Superb.