Duchess of Cambridge painting

I can't quite decide whether it makes her look like an ageing, debauched hippie with an arseful of lemons, or a fortysomething barmaid after a heavy night.

Either way, the artist should be hanged. Treason or Crimes against Painting, I'm not fussy which.

Poor gal must be gutted after seeing it.

The artist should be gutted, then hung.

Philistines the lot of you. It was put best by an expert in the field and I quote

Well, my cousin, Bert Baldrick, Mr. Gainsborough's butler's dogsbody, says that all portraits look the same nowadays, since they're painted to a romantic ideal, rather than as a true depiction of the idiosyncratic facial qualities of the person in question.
So there.

What's the point of photoreal paintings anyway? Just take a sodding photo.

Not that I'm a great fan of interpretative art, but if there are going to be court painters I'd sooner see some representation of the spirit of the Duchess, even if it's just bright colours and swirls, then see her rendered in oils looking like Ilse Koch with PMT.

Here's my attempt.

portrait.JPG

I've just read somewhere that they managed to mixed up the painting of the duchess with one of Helen Lederer

wotever happened to the bint who altered the priceless picture mural in italy when shes needed !!

I must admit to liking it but,all art is subjective.

Remember,there are millions of people around the world,who think Picasso was a great artist! =-\\\\

I must admit to liking it but,all art is subjective.

Remember,there are millions of people around the world,who think Picasso was a great artist! =-\\\\
There are even people who thought Sinatra could sing, without the Mafia threatening them..

Well, I've thought about it for a bit, and no, the painting does not pass the 'could you squeeze one off while watching this' test.