Dubyas mate banged up. First of many?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Stonker, Jun 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I simply take the view that this creep is symptomatic of what has happened to the USA under Bush.

Let's see more of these creatures behind bars.

2. And he's been disbarred from practicing as a lawyer as a result. By gum, we could do with our lot suffering some consequences as well.

First Howe & Co, now the American Bar Association. I may very well wind up not associating lawyers with pond-dwelling scum.

Did I just say that?...

3. Not nearly long enough. I hope the brevity of the sentence reflects he sang like Nelli Melba, and we can expect a multitude of no-knocks in the very near future.

Be encouraged to do even better America. I hope the rot stops today. I'll be happy when I see Rove breaking big rocks.

4. Perhaps he's being used as a distraction? He was probably told what to do, notwithstanding that, it's good to see him in prison

5. Heartwarming news. It would have cheered me up no end if he'd got 10 years on each count.

6. Ah but he didn't have 90k stashed in his freezer did he.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/04/jefferson/index.html

7. and how fortunate the news should be released today.

Still, if he's proven to be corrupt, he can carry the rocks Libby and (Please God) Rove are breaking.

8. That's the spirit!

(from the CNN article)

9. That certainly gets my vote, PTP. But I'd also like to see the rest of the corrupt, perverse band of crooks be subjected to the same.

Unfortunately, it'll never happen. It's due to what I call the "reversed net of big bucks", whereby the big fish swim through, while the small ones get caught up.

However, that's no reason to completely give up hope, is it?

MsG

10. Is it getting even better?

11. For fcuks sake Bugsy don't loose heart, not now battle has been joined.
    There is some serious dudes stateside more serious than the FBI or the CIA and they are just waiting to pounce as soon as one or other of the low lifes drop a drop of jisom out of place.
    Way to Go - Go Low.

Larry Flynt on Daily Show seeking $1M sex scandal David Edwards and Muriel Kane
    Published: Tuesday June 5, 2007

The following video is from Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

12. Bush and Blair up on war crimes is the dream. With that double threat to life and limb removed and locked away, just imagine the deleriously happy, positive, cleansed, re-invigorated human race that would emerge.

13. I was enjoying this thred until Stonker brought up the subject of a Pardon. Hard time might have loosened the mouth of Scooter but I do not doubt for one second that a deal has been done and he'll never see the inside of cell let alone do time in a Federal Prison.
    john
    Never forget Clinton Pardoning Patty Hearst wonder what he got for that.

14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I heard some 'whispers' a while ago from the US that certain people are a little bored of the old 'Brotherhood of Daath' and associates, I could probably say who (i.e. which organ) but that would ruin all the fun.

15. I'll be somewhat surprised, and very disappointed if there's a pardon. I might see a commutation to half happening, though, but I wouldn't be to thrilled by it either.

I don't see that being quite the same. For starters, she had already had her sentence commuted by Carter, and secondly, Stockholm syndrome is an acknowledge affliction.

NTM