Dublin.

Been offered a dayrate gig in Dublin.

Start Feb/March. Great day rate. Half accommodation and 1x ferry-rail or flight return paid per week.

Questions:

1. Brexit: should I ask for € instead, at today’s rate (I think I’ll post this thread on NAAAFI and on @Auld-Yin’s thread ;))

2. Anti- Englishness. I’ll be drinking in and around the Brazen Head. Living close.

3. Isn’t Dublin just an expensive anywhere city nowadays?

4. With a Dublin address would I pay tax there? As I said. Day rate. Ltd. co. If I set up pre- March Brexit are there implications?

Thanks.

PS draught Guinness is an abomination but the bottled stuff is the drink of Gods.

Start Feb/March. Great day rate. Half accommodation and 1x ferry-rail or flight return paid per week.

Questions:

1. Brexit: should I ask for € instead, at today’s rate (I think I’ll post this thread on NAAAFI and on @Auld-Yin’s thread ;))

2. Anti- Englishness. I’ll be drinking in and around the Brazen Head. Living close.

4. With a Dublin address would I pay tax there? As I said. Day rate. Ltd. co. If I set up pre- March Brexit are there implications?

Thanks.

PS draught Guinness is an abomination but the bottled stuff is the drink of Gods.
Salary doesn't matter that much,

Brazen Head cracking last time I was there - long time mind, good music sessions as people in from the country meet up to get the bus back. Never experienced any anti English sentiment in Dublin.

Dublin hellish expensive - felt like more so than London,

Now, no but Brexit? Dunno, Irish taxman persistent fecker apparently.

I stayed 100 yds from Brazen Head for a week at a time a lot in 2008-12. Good pub. Agree.

Mind, I can only piece together about 45 minutes of it (company credit card) but the general impression is positive.

If I take it I’ll have to specify £ or €.

Questions:

Thanks.

I think it may depend on who your employer is ie who is paying you Irish or UK company

I’d look for 3/4 or full Accomodiation it will cost you!!

1 depends where your spending the bulk of your money I suppose

2 I wouldn’t worry one bit

3 among the most expensive..... especially Accomodiation

4 here’s what Irish Revenue says How to know if you are resident for tax purposes (they aren’t continuous days as they used to be). If your employer is paying towards Accomodiation and travel it is likely to be considered benefit in kind and will be taxed.

5 pint bottles I doubt you’ll find in Temple Bar

There are many causes

During the boom, developers had to provide x% of their development to the local authorities as social housing. However, they could pay a levy to get out of doing so... so what did they do? Paid the levy.

Previous Governments wanted people to own their own homes, so they sold off a lot of existing social housing to the tenants.

In 2013, bedsits were banned in Ireland by the Government.

People refuse to pay their rent.

Everyone wants a garden and to live with 20 minutes of the city centre

Ok this is now live again after a delay to the project.

Open ended day rate on a choice of Euro or Sterling... if it's € I have to set up Irish Ltd. Co., doesn't look like a drama, and I can pay myself a UK salary (£12k, say) to keep my NI and residency stuff ticking over. Anyone got any hunches about whether this is a better idea than taking the lot in quid?

Thx.

Ok this is now live again after a delay to the project.

Open ended day rate on a choice of Euro or Sterling... if it's € I have to set up Irish Ltd. Co., doesn't look like a drama, and I can pay myself a UK salary (£12k, say) to keep my NI and residency stuff ticking over. Anyone got any hunches about whether this is a better idea than taking the lot in quid?

Thx.
When you say a day rate gig what exactly do you mean?

Are you a sub-contractor?
Are you going to be what is termed bonus self employed?

Latest Threads