Dublin New Years Eve

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Bolton_Sig, Dec 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im going to Dublin over New Years, and i was just wondering if any one can tell me what its like and where the good places to go are? and if every where is all tickets pritty much on NYE and stuff like that. Cheers in advance Bolton_Sig

2. I was last over in 2006 and it was shit, just like any other town on NYE except with everyone wearing Irish tat, every other shop selling Irish tat and the normal pissheads.

Maybe a recce beforehand would be an idea.

3. WELL IT DEPENDS ON WHO YOUR GOING WITH AND OF COURSE WHAT TYPE OF FUN ARE THEY AFTER EVERY TOWN IN THE WORLD WILL BE CRAZY WITH PISS HEADS ON NYE , YOUR BEST BET IS TO GET IN TO A PLACE EARLY DEPENDING ON HOW MANY ARE GOING AND MAKE IT YOUR BASE TEMPLE BAR IS THE HEART OF THE NIGHT LIFE VERY CENTRAL WITH LOTS OF DIFFERENT VENUES BARS AND RESTAURANTS NEARBY SO NO NEED FOR CABS AND ALL THAT !!

4. Do you know where the fucking caps lock is?

5. CHRIST YOU GOT A LOT BOTHERING you

6. No, just one ********.

7. Now, now girls drop the hand bags.

Right Bolton CQMS does have a point of sorts, NYE in Dublin can be a non event. Check out Dublin Tourism's website for events. The pubs and clubs will be exceptionally busy.

To be honest, I found NYE in rural Ireland much better fun. Galway or Killarney in Kerry, both with air access to London and some other UK cities. I have friends in Tipperary where I've had some great laughs and met some serious talent in the past but access to there is a little more tricky.

If Dublin's booked then stay central but recce the Dublin Tourism website for place to go. Enjoy!

8. Yes i agree , rural towns can be good fun have visited Dingle for NYE2005 great atmosphere good food too we rented a holiday home very cheap compared to the hotel prices for this time of year ..

9. Cheers for all the information, ye dublin is already booked so ill just have to make of it what i can, i looked on the dublin tourist website and didnt find it that helpfull.

10. Here's some advice on Dublin...........AVOID IT LIKE THE FCUKING PLAGUE!!!

Yes, it's full of Irish Tat souvenirs. Irritating pissed-up Irish Wanabees.Cnuts! Over-priced beer,and very little chance of getting into the pubs,especially if there are a few of you.

Go to Belfast instead. Straight-up! Belfast has a great nightlife, plenty of bars and clubs and the talent is the fcuking best!

11. Dublin can be a great night on the lash, like any city you will have certain undesireables/idiots. :roll:
    Check out national newspapers (online) like the Evening Herald, Irish Daily Star/Sun etc or the Sunday World for upcoming events.
    Temple Bar WILL be full of idiots/stag parties etc etc, i would avoid if possible.
    Vicar St normally run concerts etc but you will need to book early.Like i said use newspapers,magazines or Google, don't mind the negativity and above all remember you're a tourist! :D
    Slainte! :lol:

12. Try the George, a pub and nightclub on South Great George's Street in the city centre for a night you won't foget!

13. :lol:

14. Dublin?

Cork man. Cork. The Real Capital