Dublin ID's Sinn Fein Members

Three Sinn Fein members were ID by the Irish Justice minister as being part of the iRA. Justice Minister Michael McDowell identified Adams, McGuinness and Martin Ferris as IRA army council members.

Hang on old boy, those are Blairs mates aren't they, surely tosspot Blair wouldn't be friends with...IRA men....no vote for Blair from me then.

This gets better and better.

The Shinners are squirming over this whole series of events. The robbery and McCartney murder are finaly showing them for what they are, despite the governments counter propaganda.

I am still loving it.

Given that in the ROI, you can be convicted of membership of a proscribed organisation on the say so only of a Garda Superintendent, will be see these scum arrested and imprisoned on their next visit?

tomahawk6 said:
Three Sinn Fein members were ID by the Irish Justice minister as being part of the iRA. Justice Minister Michael McDowell identified Adams, McGuinness and Martin Ferris as IRA army council members.
Good old Martin has once agai denied (Radio 4 Today Prog this AM) being in the Army Council. Lets get the proof in the open and finally hang the ba88743rd.

Well its about bloody time that the irish govt make said something like this. There has been an unnerving silence from them on these matters for the last few years.

Unsurprisingly, McGuiness denied the accusation, by avoiding answering the question and passing the blame onto the UK and Irish govts. He said that this was the work of a group of people who did not want to see NI become part of Ireland and that they have a vested interest in the peace process failing (ie, them being kept in power) but as far as im aware, they will remain in power should the peace process suceed or fail.

Taxi for McGuiness! :roll:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ml&sSheet=/portal/2005/02/21/ixportaltop.html
Adams and McGuinness named as IRA leaders
By Thomas Harding, Ireland Correspondent
(Filed: 21/02/2005)

Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness, the Sinn Fein leaders, were publicly named as members of the IRA's Army Council in an unprecedented move by the Irish government yesterday.

The public naming will heap even greater damage on republicans after a week of allegations over IRA involvement in crime.

The Provisionals, once regarded as staunch defenders of the Roman Catholic community, are rapidly losing all credibility over allegations of theft, murder and money laundering to bankroll Sinn Fein's political ambitions.

Michael McDowell, the Irish justice minister, named Mr Adams, Mr McGuinness and Martin Ferris, the Kerry MP, as members of the seven man ruling IRA Army Council during a radio interview at the weekend.

The body gives the orders for all major IRA tactical actions, including sanctioning robberies, purchase of weapons and targeting.

In answer to who he thought was on the IRA Army Council, Mr McDowell said: We're talking about a small group of people, including a number of elected representatives, who run the whole [Republican] movement.

"We're talking about Martin McGuinness, Gerry Adams, Martin Ferris and others."

Before the £26 million Northern Bank robbery, Mr McDowell was almost alone among Irish politicians forcibly to demand an end to IRA criminality. He took a harder line than both the British and Irish governments who maintained a policy of turning a blind-eye to many IRA activities in the interests of the political process.

Mr McDowell said that many professionals, including lawyers, accountants and financiers, were connected to the IRA's money laundering operation which led to the Garda discovering almost £3 million in cash last week.

Paul Murphy, the Northern Ireland Secretary, is expected to announce in the House of Commons this week that the Parliamentary allowances for Sinn Fein's four MPs, estimated at £500,000, will be withdrawn in response to continuing IRA criminality.

But Mr Adams, who has always denied being an IRA member, continued to insist that the Provisionals were not behind the bank raid.

During a republican rally in Strabane, Co Tyrone, he watched as a "colour party" of men in black combat fatigues and sunglasses led about 1,000 supporters through the town chanting "IRA, IRA".

"No republican worthy of the name can be involved in criminality of any kind. If any are they should be expelled from our ranks," Mr Adams said.

Mr McGuinness, who has admitted to being the Londonderry IRA commander in the early 1970s, hinted at possible internal action suggesting the situation "needs to be sorted out".

Seven of the eight people arrested last week in connection with the bank raid, including a former Sinn Fein councillor, were released without charge. A file on all the cases has been sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Mr McGuinness denied that he, Mr Adams or Mr Ferris sat on the IRA Army Council.

He said: "Its not true. I reject it completely. What he [Mr McDowell] has alleged is totally and utterly false. I'm not a member of the IRA. I'm not a member of the IRA Army Council."
Talk about a bllody gravy train. £500,000 for 4 MP's (who use the money to spout hatred about the irish and uk govt and most likely fund terrorism.) Thats taking the urine!. Next we will be funding some crazy islamic fundamentalist MP from Birmingham should the be elected by the people! :evil:

E

error_unknown

Martin McGuinness said:
What he [Mr McDowell] has alleged is totally and utterly false. I'm not a member of the IRA. I'm not a member of the IRA Army Council.The Pope is not a Catholic, the cheque is in the post, I will respect you in the morning and I promise not to come in your mouth.

B

Biscuits_AB

rennug said:
tomahawk6 said:
Good old Martin has once agai denied (Radio 4 Today Prog this AM) being in the Army Council. Lets get the proof in the open and finally hang the ba88743rd.
I wonder if he'll continue to deny it if they are ever given gratuity and a pension?

No, they won't be hung out to dry. Ahern has made it clear that he wants Provisional Sinn Fein involved in the processes of Government North and South come hell or high water; he's deeply afraid of them.

I loved Adams' remarks at Strabane that the republican movement has never been involved in criminality of any sort. I can't imagine what category his twisted mind puts the thousands of armed robberies, thousands of murders, hundreds of massacres and hundreds of thousands of woundings his gangsters have committed in the last four decades. 'Military Operations', I suppose.