Dual Wielding

What are your opinions on dual wielding as a valid technique for ranged combat? I have fired dual wielded pistols and uszis before and had mixed results.

Obviously you can't dual wield 2 rifles so it's mainly hand guns and the like that can be fired in each hand at relatively close range.

From my experience for "work" in the field ... at range ... a rifle is better (as long as it's not an SA80 rofl). But when storming a building or in tight spaces dual wielding is very beneficial. Lets look at the advantages of dual wielding:

Increased firepower
Can attack two different targets simultaneously
increased area in which you can attack
Looks seriously badass

As for the disadvantages:

Slightly less accuracy
Can waste ammo
Harder to quickly access your nades with the off hand

So what are your opinions? Should we start giving our troops dual Mac 10s or dual Browning pistols so that they can lay down some serious heat? or is it not worth the extra cost?

If you cannot dual wield GPMGs then you shouldn't be in the Army!

Monkian said:
What are your opinions on dual wielding as a valid technique for ranged combat? I have fired dual wielded pistols and uszis before and had mixed results.

Obviously you can't dual wield 2 rifles so it's mainly hand guns and the like that can be fired in each hand at relatively close range.

From my experience for "work" in the field ... at range ... a rifle is better (as long as it's not an SA80 rofl). But when storming a building or in tight spaces dual wielding is very beneficial. Lets look at the advantages of dual wielding:

Increased firepower
Can attack two different targets simultaneously
increased area in which you can attack
Looks seriously badass

As for the disadvantages:

Slightly less accuracy
Can waste ammo
Harder to quickly access your nades with the off hand

So what are your opinions? Should we start giving our troops dual Mac 10s or dual Browning pistols so that they can lay down some serious heat? or is it not worth the extra cost?

You started off as a resonable wah merchant but you've outstayed your time her with this user name.

The only thing I'd like to attack is the slapper whos clack you dropped out of.

Just so we are clear. This is what I mean by dual wielding:

boom boom boom buka buka boom boom boom boom brrrrrapppp! brap brap brrrapppp. hoooo-raaaah!!!

What 'work' have you done?
Why would you want to access your nads in a firefight?

Anyone seen the Troll cloak around here?

Two Charlie G's, obviously with UGL's attached.

That or an 18 inch naval gun accompanied by a Phalanx or similar.

Oh, sorry I thought you were being serious.

Is your avatar a self portrait? Mine is...

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
you know, i knew as soon as i saw the title of this thread who the author was.

A wah merchant, and not a very good one. Either that or a good troll...

Yeah, well how many of you have been in the field? How many? How many of you have busted through a door waving two Mac 10s and DAKA DAKA DAKA blasted every mother fucka in the place within 5 seconds? Come on? It seems to me that you guys are all experts on what's fukin what yet I'm the only dude who's walked the walk and done these things.

Monkian said:
Yeah, well how many of you have been in the field? How many? How many of you have busted through a door waving two Mac 10s and DAKA DAKA DAKA blasted every mother fucka in the place within 5 seconds? Come on? It seems to me that you guys are all experts on what's fukin what yet I'm the only dude who's walked the walk and done these things.

i've busted through doors with dual pistols and yelled daka daka daka, i was 8 and the guns were make believe, i think you are a great advert for stayin off wacky backy, pill and the coke,

Latest Threads