• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Dual Nationality?

This question would be directed towards someone in the know.

I've have been on the army website and noticed that the INT CORPS website has been updated. There is a section that says that the applicant should not hold dual nationality? Myself, being from Northern Ireland, I feel this is quite an impossibility. Is there anyway around this or is it directed towards applicants outside the UK?

Cheers,

Paddington

I can't see what the problem is. I thought that everybody in the Six Counties had a Brit passport with the option of an ROI passport. Is that wrong?

MsG

Although Northern Ireland is part of UK, it is still possible to obtain an Irish passport. I hold an Irish passport but not a British passport. I do know what OP Banner was, what relevance is it to my question?

paddington_88 said:
When I said applicants outside the UK, I meant applicants from the EU? If I'm that stupid, maybe I should just join the paras?
Join the Salvation army, they dont care how many passports you have.

eodmatt said:
paddington_88 said:
When I said applicants outside the UK, I meant applicants from the EU? If I'm that stupid, maybe I should just join the paras?
.......or, failing that, join FFL/LE: at the end of 5 years, you can have a nice shiny French one if you wish.

........plus a demand for French income tax, backdated 5years.

FourZeroCharlie said:
eodmatt said:
paddington_88 said:
.......or, failing that, join FFL/LE: at the end of 5 years, you can have a nice shiny French one if you wish.

........plus a demand for French income tax, backdated 5years.
And they also give you a grace and favour flat in a shitty part of Paris. Allegedly.

eye_spy said:
Nulli_Boy said:
Half of fiji is in the British Army ffs,whats the problem !
They don't have constant and regular access to very sensitive information. If they did then it would be a problem! :roll:
But they do have a constant regular access to Stella and violence...

I had a mate on my course at Templer that had duel nationality (british and swedish) and he is still serving. I also thought that Irish passport holders could join the British Army.

gingerslime said:
I had a mate on my course at Templer that had duel nationality (british and swedish) and he is still serving. I also thought that Irish passport holders could join the British Army.
Dont see the problem :? , myself and brother both have dual R.O.I./ U.K.
passports, both army of her majesty for copious amounts of time and ales,

Latest Threads