DST Leconfield?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Goatman, Jan 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Someone said the local rag is talking about Leconfield closing, and moving driver training to South Wales?

Anyone know if this is part of the Defence Training Review bigger picture or uninformed bolllocks ?

All I got on DTR was RAF Cosford to close and Air engineering to relocate to St Athan?

Lee Shaver
  2. complete bollox. Someone has been stirring up this story when there was NEVER any plan to move driver training away from Leconfield. Even now, Metrix has not yet been given the contract. MoD spin would have you believe that they have won the contract. Negotiations continue.

3. Once again the press barking up the wrong tree , have a look here.

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for that - sorry I missed the earlier thread ( biff!)

Lee Shaver
  5. Metrix have been awarded the contract for the training but there is no confirmation on what sites are going to close.
  6. P_L, clearly they cant tell now what sites will be backfilled, closed, sold etc., 5 years hence when some training will decamp to St Athan. But I think we're able to have a few guesses of the likely candidates.
  7. there are a few other threads on this; but IIRC DST and DISC are going to be largely unaffected be relocation to ST Athan