DST Leconfield....

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by carmy, Jun 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I hope someone can help me here, I was an RLC army driver and I done an ADR/HAZMAT Course at DST Leconfield a few years ago, did this course cover everything? I.E 'IN Tanks' I'm pretty sure we covered everthing in that course.

Just wondered because I went for an interview today for a tanker driver and the guy told me that on my certificate it says 'other than in tanks' does this mean I cannot carry hazardous goods on the roads? I'm nearly 100% sure we covered everything on that course think It was 6 days long.

He said if it turns out its a mistake on the certificate, I'll get the job.

P.s the certificate is marked on with pen with crosses xx, maybe they've made a mistake at DVLA.

Hope someone knows what the fork I'm on about but its hard to explain through typing!

Cheers

2. I think its City & Guilds who hold the records for ADR exams. DVLA just issue what C&G tell them you have qualified for. Try C&G mate.

LT.

3. Thanks I'll try them

4. I too did the same course, and my ADR was also "other than in tanks". The Tanker section was done at Wallop as part of Phase 2 training and is in addition to waht you cover at Leconfield. Sorry, unless you did the specific Tanker Course at either Wallop or I would presume Deepcut, then you cannot drive tankers.

5. O.k the course was 6 days long and covered tankers, I'll have to phone up tomorrow to find out

Cheers

6. I have Tanks on my ADR only because the refresher course I was booked on had a load of Calor gas drivers on it. ISTR after doing all the modules 1 to 9 the actual tank section took a morning & was basicly a vid about slow rollover , BLEVE , venting & purging . The instructor told me since I,m here I may aswell just listen in & do the tank test. Which was a bonus as I was only booked on for packages. Anyhoo my ADR shows a tank qualification & TBH it was only a 1/2 day of a 4 day course. I,d deffo call C&G just to clarify what modules & if the tank exam was taken. I,d also ask for the test centers (DST leconfeilds) C&G test center number as this could be used as hours banked towards your Driver CPC.

LT

7. Anyone know if I can find out dates for driving courses at Leccy?

8. Sorry, unless you did the specific Tanker Course at either Wallop or I would presume Deepcut, then you cannot drive tankers.

[​IMG]

9. Goodness - Give me strength.