DSR-1 .338 Lapua Magnum

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Tartan_Terrier, Mar 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the range this morning one of the lads had one of these with him.

dsr1_semi.gif

It's a very impressive rifle indeed, both visually and in terms of performance. Very pleasant to fire, due to the weight and the muzzle break I presume.

Unfortunately, we only had the chance to try it at 200m today, but I'm assured that it performs just as well at long range. I'm now waiting patiently for the lottery draw so that I can afford to buy one too....

Manufacturers website:

DSR-Precision.com - en

Review:
    Reviews

Anyone else tried one? Any opinions on it?

Cheers
    T_T​

2. What has post count got to do with anything you numpty?

I presume you haven't tried one then?

Yes, the price is even higher than I'd expected, I didn't find out how much more till I added the link to the review after I'd posted (yes he liked it too!). This is only the second .338 rifle I've tried, the other was one of the Frømandskorpsets TRG42s. Also a very nice rifle, but a fair bit cheaper (though just as expensive to feed!)

3. You really are in a bad mood today aren't you? Is your missus on the blob, or are you just a miserable sod in general?

Why do you keep harping on about me writing break instead of brake? So what? Over here it's called a mundingsbremse.

So, if you actually have shot one, perhaps you could tell us what you thought of it, instead of just gobbing off?

4. That was productive, glad I subscribed to it.

5. Wasn't it? Lovely rifle though, less felt recoil than my Mosin and accuracy of 1/2 MOA. I would have loved to try it at longer range.
    Another club I'm in usually has a shoot at a 600m range a couple of times a year, I'll have to invite the DSR's owner along next time and he can show us what it can do.