Discussion in 'Sappers' started by smudge_re, Feb 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. What, if any, civi qualification does the TA DSO course give you? Is it simply a case of buying the civi qualification or is there a conversion course, or are they not linked at all. Thanks.
  2. Smudge, civilian qualifications I can't vouch for, but you are able to join various Institutions, which if you trawl through the threads on Sappers, you will find (I think it was "So, are you a member of an Institution" or something like that) I'll confirm that with you after this post. Also, I assume you can contact your Trg Maj (are you in 101?*) who should be able to put you right. Failing that, get hold of BEW (who qualify you) who should be able to help.

    Edited cos I just spotted your Avatar - :oops:
  3. diplomat

    diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

    DSO qualifies you for f__k all in civvy street. Just means you can initiate explosive without, hopefully, blowing your or someone elses arse off. Get real ! Look at the IExpE website for civvy explosive engineering requirements.
  4. Cheers Staaken