Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by subbsonic, Sep 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I shall be silently protesting in Hall C2 most of the week, look out for my City tie.

Anyone else going to be there?
  2. Silently protesting?
  3. You bet. Tuesday and Wednesday on company expenses.

I will be in my Garfield tie
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

The whole damn week. Looking forward to endless false smiles and a smoldering business card. Am hoping those Russian birds that were the gratuitously dressed totty at Farnborough turn up again.

Only thing worth living for! :D
  5. There all week too.
  6. Company will have a stand there and I will be visiting probably on Wednesday. UK Partnership Pavilion according to the A3 map on my desk.

Need to wear Arrse ties or similar for ID - Garfield tie will take some spotting in that crowd!!
  7. I will be there for a lunch on Tuesday and for a bimble round to look at the stands on Thursday.

Are those representing Industry bringing plently of "gizits"?
  8. If you get in quick you can have my puttees and a soft-copy of MSRs GENFOR aide memoire
  9. Should be there on Tue or Fri sporting a Mr Potato Pin so don't forget to save a Parker Pen or Coffee mug for me!

Looking forward to another enlightening conversation with a student about being a babykiller. Strange really because when deployed I've saved more lives than I've lost.

I'm sure my 21 years in the green means nothing to someone who has read the last three issues of student anarchist monthly!
  10. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Already bumped into subsonic. I shall have to go for the arrse tie for the next few days. What is the recognition etiquette? I'm not sure telling a potential customer that he's wearing an arrse tie is going to do my pay and promotion prospects much good.

Anybody get a good totty count? I didn't get off the stand all day
  11. Went for a bimble around today..got a free lunch and an outstanding job offer...I'm signing off !
  12. I had an invitation but never escaped from my day job. My colleagues returned clutching freebees such as 1GB memory sticks!

Damn, should have just told Boss to stuff it!

13. I shall have nothing to do with such a sinister display by the military/industrial complex.

I intend to protest by staying away from it.
  14. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Well then. You missed the lovely young ladies in thongs and body paint on one stand and the rather excellent free beer stand with the other lovelies in short shorts. Made up for the aching feet and back.
  15. 1GB! that's not trying hard enough.

2GB memory stick, several beers and a leatherman from our bastion buddies and a cuddly penguin - vive le blag!