DSEi - 13 to 16 Sep 05

The Defence Systems and Equipment International (DSEi) exhibition is being held in London next week.

Anybody else going and on what day?

I will be wearing my new ARRSE tie, for recognition purposes, on Thurs 15th.

Make sure you go all covert. The lesbians by the front door will be dying to chuck red paint at you (if my recollection of 2, 4 & 6 years ago are anything to go by). Can't make it this year though.

maninblack said:
I'll be there for a couple of days I would imagine. Are we heading for an ARRSE meet up?
Good idea, will you also be mit tie?

new to this site - am off to the exhibition, but not sure what to expect to be honest. Any hints of areas to avoid or is it useful just to have a general bimble?

Dessie said:
new to this site - am off to the exhibition, but not sure what to expect to be honest. Any hints of areas to avoid or is it useful just to have a general bimble?
General bimble I think, fully intend to act as a military tourist for the whole day.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't use the DLR if you can avoid it - the antis generally are successful at blocking it. Check www.desi.org - its the antis' site and always helps with what they're planning. Just watch out for the independents, who do the red paint, bicycles on the line etc.

Don't buy drinks from Excel, they're a rip off. Chat up some bored stand manner on one of the big stands - they generally have booze.

Check out the Italian and French stands - they're useually the best for top quality totty

Thanks Bouillabasse - good advice - this is what is obviously meant by military tourism!!!
Whistler - light cavalry eh? Hmmmm.... if only you knew... ;-)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
looking fwd to revisiting the Merchants of Death, my ex colleagues.....I'll be there on Tuesday...easily recognised by the dripping red paint and non ARRSE tie :) oh and the hooves of course.

Bouillabaise, good tip ref the DLR....London A-Z and a bicycle maybe.....

Le Chevre

sounds good, will show up and act like dirty civy i am.

anyone want to meet in Canary Wharf for a pint?

Yes, will be there. Bar RV's?

Will be there with the rest of the muppets from work, (Tuesday is MOD & guests, exhibitors' guests and overseas, I believe) however I will be trying to ditch the embarassing ones soonest and trying to smooch up to various contractors for some hospitality. Unfortunately I have not yet ordered ny tie and it would not arrive in time now.

Went by train 2 years ago - nightmare as some fool chained himself to the DLR; naturally the police were not foresighted enought o have bolt-cutters etc to hand.

I got called a baby-killer though!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Pasty Boy said:
Unfortunately I have not yet ordered ny tie and it would not arrive in time now.
....hmmm..not sure you should be so sorry, at that....there was a guy standing on the stairs at lunchtime wearing what I would swear was an ARRSE 'Country' tie....DAMN that's eye wateringly pink........if you were in Andover thus accoutered today identify yourself Sir !

( and no Murielson, it wasn't you - too young :cool: )

Lee Shaver

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
Okay, DSEI attendence has changed to Wednesday.

MiB will be wearing a dark suit, bald head and broadstripe ARRSE tie so that will be most of us there then.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Travelgall Weapons, Equipment & Rations 91
Golf_one_one Weapons, Equipment & Rations 43
Bouillabaisse The Intelligence Cell 25