DSEi - 13 to 16 Sep 05

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CrapSpy, Sep 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Defence Systems and Equipment International (DSEi) exhibition is being held in London next week.

Anybody else going and on what day?

I will be wearing my new ARRSE tie, for recognition purposes, on Thurs 15th.

2. Make sure you go all covert. The lesbians by the front door will be dying to chuck red paint at you (if my recollection of 2, 4 & 6 years ago are anything to go by). Can't make it this year though.

3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I'll be there for a couple of days I would imagine. Are we heading for an ARRSE meet up?

4. Look out for the UK4U/Fareside Catering Stand which is touting for sponsorship for this year's Christmas boxes.

5. Good idea, will you also be mit tie?

6. new to this site - am off to the exhibition, but not sure what to expect to be honest. Any hints of areas to avoid or is it useful just to have a general bimble?

7. General bimble I think, fully intend to act as a military tourist for the whole day.

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I have just ordered both ties.......which ones are we wearing for the day?

9. Thanks for the advice - not sure the company will be allowing much tourism though - whipping boy that I am!!

10. Broadstripe for me!

11. Oooh er, check out the light cavarly stand then! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Don't use the DLR if you can avoid it - the antis generally are successful at blocking it. Check www.desi.org - its the antis' site and always helps with what they're planning. Just watch out for the independents, who do the red paint, bicycles on the line etc.

Don't buy drinks from Excel, they're a rip off. Chat up some bored stand manner on one of the big stands - they generally have booze.

Check out the Italian and French stands - they're useually the best for top quality totty

13. Thanks Bouillabasse - good advice - this is what is obviously meant by military tourism!!!
    Whistler - light cavalry eh? Hmmmm.... if only you knew... ;-)

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

looking fwd to revisiting the Merchants of Death, my ex colleagues.....I'll be there on Tuesday...easily recognised by the dripping red paint and non ARRSE tie :) oh and the hooves of course.

Bouillabaise, good tip ref the DLR....London A-Z and a bicycle maybe.....

Le Chevre

15. sounds good, will show up and act like dirty civy i am.

anyone want to meet in Canary Wharf for a pint?