DS advice required

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by General_Layabout, Nov 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mrs Layabout dropped the hint she wants a DS with Braintraining for crimbo.

After spending ages touring the shops looking for best deals I found DS with Braintraining for £118. But in another shop for £120 i can get a DS choice of any 2 new games plus any 3 used games.

Two questions, 1 is that a reasonable deal. 2. looking at all the titles of available games loads of them are film titles, how do they work as games?

What titles would anyone suggest for a woman in mid 50's.

This is not a WAH i honestly don't have a clue never even having seen a DS in operation. I think the last games console i used was the Amiga.
  2. DS with braintraining is very big with pensioners at the moment - seems theres clinical evidence that it holds off senility, etc. It is actually quite a popular present for oldies; like you, I've never bought a games console, but I did get a DS for the old man. Sadly, my dad and my sister were unable to get the thing working properly - some of the games depend upon voice detection by the DS. Last thing I saw was my dad, sister and nephew taking turns to shout at the DS in a effort to calibrate the detector.... LOL

Most packages last Christmas were around the £110 to £140 mark. In theory the price should have dropped out of sight, but maybe this shows the things hold their value?
  3. My bold, you cheeky young whippersnapper. :) :)
  4. For your wife you need a pastel colour Ds . Brain Training game is excellant . Other games i would recommend are Zenses Ocean and Zenses Rainforest ,Professor Layton which is also some kind of brain training game .
  5. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Buy the DS, but then buy an R4DS cartridge (good seller attached at the link), you will also need a 2Gb Micro SD card (£5) - then download ROMs off the net. Magic!

R4DS Shop
  6. Whoa! - there's a semi-colon in there....
  7. OK not guilty by a technical error :D :D
  8. Thanks peeps i'll have to have a closer look.

It's about time i did something that i didn't get grief for.
  9. Yes and you could hypothetically get the roms from this site: ROM's My 'friend' tells me its quite a goom site, not that I'd condone anything illegal like video game piracy
  10. I've got 2 R4DS cards for sale, I bought 2 off Amazon and was billed for 4!! The cnuts!

Here's what you get - 4 in 1 Pack: Game Storage Memory card + 2 GB Micro SD Card + 4 Set Stylus Pen + Screen Protector

£30 EACH! Same price as I paid, brand new, not used, never opened.

PM if you're interested,

11. Your choice but in my opinion - Don't buy anything labelled R4DS, especially from Amazon - it's likely to be a cloned cartridge (probably N5) that won't work (as i discovered). R4DS stopped production of their official cartridges ages ago. I have purchased 8 M3 DS Real cartridges with rumble pack from Anytoys and all work perfectly and delivered within 3 days. I have approx 100 games on a micro SD card (backup up from the originals of course).
  12. The R4 Revolution for DS's is working fine so far. No probs with it at all.