Dry skin?

I confess to imperfect and dry skin (nothing like Philip Marlow I might add - blessing upon all sufferers!)... the sort that after removing cam cream looked like I'd gone five rounds with Tyson (the pit bull that is) and *looks both ways* did use a moisturiser (big wet pansy I know). :oops:

Body Shop's Aloe Vera moisture cream was unbeeeeleevable easy on the old boat race. But it's discontinued!

Clearly don't wish to use the concoctions the Mrs uses but any other suggestions?

Nivea or even vaseline, cheap and effective
or if you want to splash out Avène cold cream (available in Boots)

A very very heavy duty moisturiser is E45 which you should be able to get at Boots. Basically odour free so you won't smell like a girl.

If you don't want anything as heavy duty as that, have a look at the Vasline Intensive Care range, there are some good odour free moisturisers there.

Body Shop "Hemp Face Protector" is very good.................apparently. :oops:

The other week when I got some bad sun burn on my face and was peeling big chunks of flesh off and looking like I had scales, I used E45 and within a couple of days It was pretty much all back to normal

Rod stewart swears by Oil of Ulay (Olaz). He has to beat them off with a shitty stick.

Anything with Aloe Vera in works. My neighbour used to milk it straight from one of his plants.

I stick with Gillette gel, definitely works.

And before you know it, we'll have "Mens' Creams" much the same as we have "Wimmins' Creams":

Cream for the night before
Cream for the night after
Cream from 0730 to 1900 hours
Cream for the rest of the time
Cream for around the eyes
Cream for around the mouth and neck

In reality, it's all "advertising speak", i.e. a boad of lollocks!

There are only two ways (and always have been, whether male or female) of getting additional moisture to the skin.

One is to use creams containing alchohol, which attract ambivalent moisture to the skin's surface (the so-called "dry creams").

Another is to use really greasy stuff to block the pores and prevent any escape of moisture (in this case the skin in question remoisturises itself).

Don't be taken in by the advertising!

As Bush the Berk would say: "It's not rocket surgery!"

MsG

Boots moisturing lotion - £1.60-ish. Hopefully reduce that sore face after shaving.

BoomShackerLacker said:
I confess to imperfect and dry skin (nothing like Philip Marlow I might add - blessing upon all sufferers!)... the sort that after removing cam cream looked like I'd gone five rounds with Tyson (the pit bull that is) and *looks both ways* did use a moisturiser (big wet pansy I know). :oops:

Body Shop's Aloe Vera moisture cream was unbeeeeleevable easy on the old boat race. But it's discontinued!

Clearly don't wish to use the concoctions the Mrs uses but any other suggestions?
Try Aveeno shower oil which is excellent for this kind of problem with dry skin

http://www.aveeno.com/detailAction.do?id=3921

A cupole of years back I had to take medication for really bad acne.

It worked by making your skin dry out etc... etc... so you had to put moisturiser on.

I still have to use some now and again and "Nivea Soft- Intensive moisturising Cream" does the business. Real good value, only need a wee tiny bit aswell, a 75ml tube does me literally 3-4 months, daily use (you don't need to slather it on). This costs £3. Perhaps a bit expensive but does the business a treat. Plus its like a small toothpaste tube so handy if your travelling or going places, not a big f**k off bottle of stuff.

It's grand.

Hope that helps.

-PAN

If you have dry blotchy/blemish prone skin all the time and not just after putting cam cream on and removing it you might have what is termed *snigger* sensitive skin. If not you might be reacting to something in the cam cream.

Either way you may need to consider looking after your skin when you can to minimise the irritation - using a non oil stripping face wash and a moisturiser. You don't need bloody day and night and mid afternoon creams just one will do. Neutrogena does a range of sensitive skin face wash that is creamy without being heavy and can be used in the shower. They have light non greasy sensitive skin or combination skin moisturiser. I have recommended that to a few mates and they swear by them now as they are perfume free, absorb quickly and are fairly inexpensive.

You might also like to look at your diet and when you can take an evening primrose oil capsule about 1000mg (1 capsule) once a day, morning or night doesn't really matter, which can be increased to 3000mg (3 capsules) after a bit if it doesn't make your skin excessively oily. Side benefit of that stuff is it helps with dry skin and itchy mild dermatitis type things all over the body as well, reduces joint inflammation and improves blood flow to extremities. It will also help reduce moob bloating and pain if you get PMS :wink:

mizkrissi said:
You might also like to look at your diet
Good point Miz. When I'm spending a lot of time outdoors, I'm fine, but If I'm stuck in a "climate controlled" atmosphere for a significant amount of time, I tend to get a bit grey and scaley.
The thing I've found that helps you stay pink and perky, is eating oily fish. John West peppered mackerel fillets are seriously tasty, give you plenty of protein, Omega oils etc, and just help you stay healthy looking. It moisturises your skin from the inside, lowers cholesterol, lubricates your joints, keeps your heart healthy and helps you get laid.
Not bad for just over a quid a tin. :wink: