Drugs in Royal Regiment of Scotland

Apparently the Army are officially investigating photos which appear to show members of 1RRS: Royal Scots and King's Own Scottish Borderers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6352735.stm).

Surely the first investigation should be in to whether this unit actually exists or not. I'm 'pretty' it doesn't. I am 'very' sure it's 1RRS: Royal Scots Borderers.

(unless, of course, the photos are from pre-01 Aug 06)

Nope, no drugs here Sir!

Fallschirmjager said:
Aren't jock regiments renowned for taking drugs? Drug misuse is a massive problem in the forces though those at the top are blind to the fact.
Never a truer word stated. However, Scouse, London, Yorkshire and any other Regiments are just as bad, oh and let's not forget the Corps as well. I imagine that most WOs & Sgts as well as Officer's Messes are not imune either.

I was in when Urine testing was first introduced and due to financial constraints it was made random rather than frequent and compulsory as in the US Forces.

The Army needs to take a fresh view on this. Either use every means possible to eradicate the issue, which will probably lead to further manpower problems, or accept the fact that people take drugs.

The military has a numer of mythical positions when addressing contraversial issues, remember the nonsense said about homosexuals?

chimera

LE
Fallschirmjager said:
Drug misuse is a massive problem in the forces though those at the top are blind to the fact.
Presumably supported by CDT figures?

CDT only catch a small minority of drug misusers. Unless you are CDT'd within 48hrs of taking a substance you'll pretty much pass a CDT. So those weekend rave clubbers if tested on a Tueasday onwards will be pretty much safe. Cocaine is used by many in the forces as it's pretty much out of your system within 12/24 hours. Ecstacy and amphetamine within 48hrs. Those who smoke cannabis will be more likely to be caught.

Fallschirmjager said:
CDT only catch a small minority of drug misusers. Unless you are CDT'd within 48hrs of taking a substance you'll pretty much pass a CDT. So those weekend rave clubbers if tested on a Tueasday onwards will be pretty much safe. Cocaine is used by many in the forces as it's pretty much out of your system within 12/24 hours. Ecstacy and amphetamine within 48hrs. Those who smoke cannabis will be more likely to be caught.
Sorry, do you have any facts to support this?

I very much doubt that Cocaine is in high use in the army,it's quite easy to spot this type of junkie, other than by urine tests.It maybe out your system in 12/24 hrs, but it f-cks your head up,and would be spotted quite early.

chokinthechicken said:
I very much doubt that Cocaine is in high use in the army,it's quite easy to spot this type of junkie, other than by urine tests.It maybe out your system in 12/24 hrs, but it f-cks your head up,and would be spotted quite early.
You'd be surprised mate, I've been a civvy a while and to a degree niaive to the entire drugs scene, despite working one of the most notorius sets of doors around.

I've known and mixed with people whom I've had no idea were raving coke heads.

Its more common place than you think, saying that I have no clue or opinion about its use in the Army...

It seems very much a social thing, and seems generally accepted everywhere... Not excusing it, nor betraying my own hatred of the stuff just saying its in far greater circulation than you'd believe

Well according to my brother and a fair few of my friends back in Manchester, it's £40 a gram and a gram will last a weekend user a night. Most soldiers can afford this for 4 weekends a month.

Sounds like it's not just the senior officers that are niaive...

You know it's serious when you're doing foot checks as a platoon commander, looking out for needle wounds in between a tom's toes (a few years ago now mind)!

dpm

I can't see how anyone can believe it doesn't happen in the Army. Look at our much more well behaved friends:

Rogue police on the rise, secret report reveals
February 12, 2007

LONDON: Police in Britain's biggest force are consorting with criminals, taking drugs and misusing their warrants, a secret Scotland Yard report has revealed.

A wide-ranging inquiry into corruption in London's force, carried out last month, found "inappropriate relationships or criminal associations" among police officers and civilian staff posed "significant threats" to the Metropolitan Police.

The report says more and more officers and staff are taking illegal drugs while off duty. Cocaine and cannabis are "the drugs of choice" and drug testing has been introduced for junior officers.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/ro...-report-reveals/2007/02/11/1171128816670.html

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
I beg to disagree, don't forget "The Paper That Backs Our Boys" but spends vast resources blowing tiny stories out of all proportion.....The Sun.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ah, the Daily Labour/Daily Retard

It’s because it’s pretty much the publishing arm of the Labour Party in Scotland and I think we all know just how much Tony gets behind the boys and girls don’t we?

Labour could introduce a bill calling for the killing of all first born male children and the Record would trumpet it as ‘a bold new strategy in population control’

This rag simply follows the lead from the top.

Having said that MIB is correct, bad as the Retard is it's nothing compared to the Scum.

How can you forget some of the best lavatory paper around! Shame that this story has surfaced without coming out through Official channels first. The truth will most likely be equally unpleasant, but it is much easier to accept if we get it from our side first.
I bet the people concerned are happy that the SIB are investigating it??!!