Drugs conviction ?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ScouseSte, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I would like to join the REME . But have a bit of a problem.

I was recently convicted of "producing a class c drug" Namely Cannabis , The court accepted that my offense was centered around personal use and I was given 200 community hours and costs of 200 pounds ( no prison sentance). I am almost certain that this is going to bar me from joining , am I correct in my assumption ?

I no longer use cannabis and want no further part in drugs at all, I want to change the direction my life was heading in and think the army would be the best route to do so. I was avised that the army deal with convictions on a case by case basis and I may still have a chance of enrolement . Is this true ?

2. If you like drugs, you will love paracetamol. Take 50 tablets and then call me an arse when your liver explodes.
  3. As has been answered to umpteen posts almost identical to yours...

No, the Army will not want you.
    No, the soldiers will not want you.

Next question?
  4. You're an arse. :x

You know that paracetamol has to be washed down by something like vodka. :lol:
  5. Speak to your Careers Office and be honest. I was in a similar situation but luckily the Sgt was from Jamaica and was in the 3rd Ganja Rifles. He rolled me a big reefa and gave me a tin of red stripe. Totally tropical man......
  6. [​IMG]
  7. I defer to your superior knowledge :D

ScouseSte take note!
  8. Oddly enough I went to the same careers office, the officer there then was Captain Tobias Wilcox of de Coconut Airways.
  9. You'd have to wait until your conviction was spent and then be hopeful that the army are short of soldiers again. They can pick and choose at present due to the recession.
  10. Or try the NHS - we've got lots of drugs so you don't even have to grow them. So, you're from Liverpool then.......?
  11. Have you got any plants left? What about lights and irrigation pumps?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.