Drugs arrest soldier gets medal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Oct 29, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. What does it mean to be "cautioned"?

This will be interesting to follow, bit of a messy situation.
  3. If you have committed an offence, and the police do not believe that it is worthwhile taking you to court, you are cautioned. It usually occurs for minor offences, or "Misdemeanors" as they are called in the Sates. A fairly good example is possession of small amounts of Cannabis, or minor public order offences. I think it basically means you get a verbal and written telling off from a fairly senior copper. As an example, a mate of mine "Borrowed" a cherry picker in a bout of drunken buffoonery, and got away with a caution. :roll:
    Not sure if that is a very exact definition, but I think it is close enough. :wink:
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If it's found to be a class A, and a relatively small amount, he may well receive a caution from the bizzies. However, to get the caution he'll have to cough to posession. If he opts not to accept the caution, and the bizzies take him to court then the mags or the CC will deal with it. Either way it's a lose/lose thing for him.

He could always get his brief to try the "PTSD" option...
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

If he has been cautioned, the next time he drops a bollok he will be in court, bit like a yellow card in the police world!