Drug Testing

#1
Hi I am just wondering if anyone knows what the drug tests in the army are testing for:-

Is it recreational drugs (eg Coke, Weed, etc)
Or
Is it performance enhanching drugs? (eg Steriods etc)

Also do they test using blood samples or pee tests?

Thanks for any help you can give me
 
#4
rph8uk said:
Hi I am just wondering if anyone knows what the drug tests in the army are testing for:-

Is it recreational drugs (eg Coke, Weed, etc)
Or
Is it performance enhanching drugs? (eg Steriods etc)

Also do they test using blood samples or pee tests?

Thanks for any help you can give me
Sounds like someone is panicking
 
#5
If it is a urine test they cant detect certain drugs thats why i was asking

But im presuming they wont be that bothered about taking performance enhancing drungs like steriods as it isnt against the law to take them only to sell them
 
#6
rph8uk said:
If it is a urine test they cant detect certain drugs thats why i was asking

But im presuming they wont be that bothered about taking performance enhancing drungs like steriods as it isnt against the law to take them only to sell them
It depends on the levels, because substance abuse is substance abuse - performance enhancing substances and prescription drugs can be abused.
 
#7
:roll:
rph8uk said:
If it is a urine test they cant detect certain drugs thats why i was asking

But im presuming they wont be that bothered about taking performance enhancing drungs like steriods as it isnt against the law to take them only to sell them
hmmm, what about the psychological effects of steriods. I have seen the personality change in a relative who takes that sh!t. He's not in the Army, but as he seems to now have the worlds most violent temper... I'm glad he's not.

And I'm sure they do test for steriods on the CDT.

** Just read you previous posts. Your going to Sandhurst and your asking about taking Steriods, FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:
 
#8
rph8uk, it is illegal to take performance enhancing drugs (steroids) in the Armed Forces. They are tested for during CDT and people have been discharged for taking them.

This link from the serving soldier website tells you all about it - http://www.army.mod.uk/linked_files/ag/servingsoldier/termsofserv/discmillaw/files/pdf/the facts.pdf

I see from your other posts that you are about to start at Sandhurst, a bit of advice - you WILL be tested for these substances as soon as you put that uniform on. There is NO comeback (except in extreme cases) and you will be discharged from the service. Never being allowed to join again.

As for your quote on the legaility of taking steroids, there are many things that are perfectly legal in civi strasse that are illegal under Military Law.

Hope this advice helps!
 
#9
CDT do not specifically test for AAS (steroids) though will test certain individuals if asked to by the Commanding Officer. AAS testing costs a fortune and to test a whole Battalion the costs would be too high.
 
U

uncle_ho

Guest
#10
amazing__lobster said:
:roll:
rph8uk said:
If it is a urine test they cant detect certain drugs thats why i was asking

But im presuming they wont be that bothered about taking performance enhancing drungs like steriods as it isnt against the law to take them only to sell them
hmmm, what about the psychological effects of steriods. I have seen the personality change in a relative who takes that sh!t. He's not in the Army, but as he seems to now have the worlds most violent temper... I'm glad he's not.

And I'm sure they do test for steriods on the CDT.

** Just read you previous posts. Your going to Sandhurst and your asking about taking Steriods, FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:
I had to stop taking them for the very reason you have mentioned. Not only that they put my blood pressure and cholesterol up significantly.
When you increase a mans testosterone level the body compensates by naturally increasing the oestrogen level. It’s the increase in the female hormone that causes the temper and rages. It’s like being 19 stone and having mega PMT!
 
#11
The urine test is the main method of CDT testing, however, they have a complete arsenal of other methods - blood, hair, body fluids, etc.

Drugs misuse (of any type) is not tolerated in the Army. Many think they can get away with it using methods someone in the pub told them - it is amusing that when they are caught they are like startled rabbits for a few days (about the time it takes to sort out their discharge papers) and can't believe they have been caught - right up until they are walking out of the gate!

One of the best things to be introduced since i joined up - got rid of a lot of deadwood numpties.

CDT defence - only one don't take drugs! (unless prescribed!)
 
#12
Fallschirmjager said:
CDT do not specifically test for AAS (steroids) though will test certain individuals if asked to by the Commanding Officer. AAS testing costs a fortune and to test a whole Battalion the costs would be too high.
If you follow the link to the Army website it explains very clearly that they do indeed test for steroids - 'CDT is aware of steroid misuse -testing can and does identify these drugs' (direct quote)

I've been around since CDT came in and been tested countless times - i've sat at the desk reading the sheets out many times and it has, as far back as i can remember, always mentioned steroid abuse. Annual drugs and alcohol ITD(MATT now!) - which i have given - specifically mentions it, as does various literature - commander's guides, etc.

Many of these 'they don't test for that' are just fairytales - read the facts from the correct sources and you can't go far wrong!
 
#14
Calm down people, thanks for the link from the serving soldier website tiffys-r-us

Some people do other things than joining the army and may take steriods for that specific sport and this question was about what they where testing and the type of tests not all of your opinions
 
U

uncle_ho

Guest
#15
tiffys-r-us said:
Besides steroids make your di#k shrivel, however, you may grow a lovely set of ti#s!
Ah yes the old 'makes your D*ck shrivel myth' How did I know someone would mention that !!!
ha ha
 
U

uncle_ho

Guest
#16
rph8uk said:
Calm down people, thanks for the link from the serving soldier website tiffys-r-us

Some people do other things than joining the army and may take steriods for that specific sport and this question was about what they where testing and the type of tests not all of your opinions
I know serving squaddies who take steroids and also knew plenty of guys when I was in who used them. I have no idea how they get past the drug tests though.
 
#17
rph8uk said:
Calm down people, thanks for the link from the serving soldier website tiffys-r-us

Some people do other things than joining the army and may take steriods for that specific sport and this question was about what they where testing and the type of tests not all of your opinions

I can see Your gonna make a great officer! c0ck.
 
#19
tiffys-r-us said:
If you follow the link to the Army website it explains very clearly that they do indeed test for steroids - 'CDT is aware of steroid misuse -testing can and does identify these drugs' (direct quote)
I know of at least 20-30 soldiers who have taken AAS for sports performance. Not one of them have ever been caught. Doesn't that tell you something!!! The MOD are bound to state that they test for them as this in itself is a deterent.
 
#20
rph8uk said:
As you know nothing about me ill have to disagree with you, ill love for you to call me a c*** to my face
Are you ill from all the drugs you've been taking?

If you have a gander around this site, you may notice that there are quite a few people who think that all officers are idiots. This is largely due to idiots with attitudes like yours.

If I met you, and you displayed the same sort of attitude to some good advice from people who know more than you, I'd be more than happy to call you a cock to your face. Indeed, if you make it to RMAS, I'd suggest that your Colour Sergeant will almost certainly call you a cock to your face.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top