Drug testing in Phase 1

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Baltek1991, Mar 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am going to phase training in about 1 week time. I have not smoked weed in 45 days, since the time they told me when I was going for basic. I am worried that I will fail the drugs test. As I said before, I stopped 45 days ago. Should I tell someone before or I go?

Please no hateful responses, all I would like is a straight answer

2. Oh dear. Yes, tell someone. Never smoke it while you're a member of the armed forces - even while off duty you remain subject to military law.

3. While I agree wholeheartedly with this idea, who should i tell when I get there?

4. + am i part of the military if I only sweared the oath last tuesday?

5. Signed & attested? Yes, you're now subject to Military Law.

Oh, and my approach would be to speak informally with one of your instructors during your down-time just to see what they suggest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well Balteck, no comfort there.

Good luck to you.

7. Thank you for all the replies, I just talked to a friend of mine who has been in prison, and he said that weed goes out of your system in 30 days. So I think I'm ok, but I will let you guys know what happens

8. And he's a scientific expert? It sets in your hair follicles and arrse hair. If you've had both shaved you'll be dandy. He's right that it can be 30 days. However, in some cases it can be in your urine for up to 90 days. Did you smoke it after sending in your application to join the army? If so you may be in the shit as you prob got the chat about drugs in the AFCO.

9. I know that it stays in the hair. All drugs leave traces in hair, its like a timeline, it shows all drugs that you have taken. THC is fat soluble, so I have been running 5 miles every second day and doing pressups and situps on the days that I have not been running. Also I only weigh 65kg, so I dont have much fat on me to begin with. Just to be clear, it was not like I was a regular user. The last spliff I smoked was 45 days ago, but before that it was in September. I probably should of said that in my original post :)

10. Then in all honesty you're likely to be clean - if my understanding is correct then it stays in urine for 30 days if it wasn't used often, but if you are a regular user it can stay in up to 90 days. I haven't smoked weed since I decided to join the army, not that I don't want to, but because I don't want anything to mess up my future career - there's plenty of time for the fun stuff once I leave the army, for now I'm focusing on getting in.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 45 days..........you'll be fine.

12. H3

H3 LE

On dear ..... There's going to be tears !!!!!

13. Oh dear.......you've no idea what you're talking about, obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  14. After you've 'graduated' just make sure you take leave in blocks of 30 days and just smoke it on your first day, you'll never get caught.

• Like Like x 1