Drug Test At Selection?!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Chris_Sapper, Jan 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello fellow members, sorry if you think this is inappropriate or if you think it should belong in another part of the forum but i just have 1 question to ask. I have recently been asked to attend selection at Lichfield and i was just wondering whether the medical involves a drug testing. Obviously i have quit drugs for the army but i believe cannabis stays in your system for at least 3 months if i an correct. I fully understand that the army has a no drugs policy and that is why i am willing to quit but surely they cant reject me because i took it before they have employed me. If they do test me straight off then do you guys have any advice in ways i can get out of the situation or ways in which i could help clear it out of my system quicker?

Thanks for your help in advance. Chris.

2. Junkie.

3. Despte what some people may say, there is no way to purge the traces of cannabis from your system. If it gets flagged then just be honest, you were simply experimenting and realised that it wasnt for you and you dont want a silly mistake that you regret to ruin your future career.

4. (Anti wah hat on)

Quit dope for the Army? Throbber. :roll:

(Anti wah hat off)

Oh, and WAH.

5. msr

msr LE

6. THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST ANSWER THAT YOU WILL FIND ON HERE..

just make sure you do stay away from the weed..

YOU WILL FIND PLENTY OF WEEDS TO CRAWL THROUIGH ON FEILDCRAFT TRAINING..

7. I knew there would be one, come on can you not give a serious answer, im not a junkie at all.

8. It is a shame but the Army does now take individuals with a history of drug use as long as they promise to be good in future. They probably are not so keen on liars though so best to just be honest about it.

9. im not a junkie at all.[/quote]

So you cant quit dope because you want to?, but are willing to do it for the Army.

That IMHO, makes you more than a occasional smoker, so in fact, you could be labelled 'a junkie'.

(Just my opinion of course).

Edited for mongness :oops:

10. Ok then - Glad you have given up the weed, now just stay off it for the rest of your life.

Not sure about the time it takes to get it out your system. Hope all goes well for you at Recruit Selection.

11. Might be worth checking out the SUPERVISED tests offered through your GP, Local Health Authority or drug awareness / treatment programmes.

You'll pay, but it might put your mind at rest as to the amount of cannaboids still in your system.

12. Honesty is the best policy. Why not wait the 3 months and then join? If you already have a date to attend then try a bit of basic arithmatic and work out if you hit the 3 month threshhold.

And lastly, STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS YA MUPPET!

13. I wouldn't worry. The Army won't penalise you for something you did before you signed up.

Smack 'ed ;)

14. Right you can make as many judgements as you like, i have quit and was going to quit either way. The army was just a strong reason to make me do it. I do understand why you are giving me reactions like this but thanks anyway. Thank you for the serious replies guys, i think i know what to do and i expected as much anyway. Ive just got to be truthful and prove that it wont be a problem in the future.

15. Just for reference, cannabis is the easiest drug to test for and yes, it stays traceable for a long time and no, there is nothing you can do about it.

PS

We are so glad you are willing to do us the huge favour of giving up the use of illegal drugs.

Criminal