Drug submarine seized by Colombian navy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by happybonzo, Feb 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think it has been done before but seems to be growing in sophistication.
    Not a bad looking bit of kit for something thats homemade

2. I wonder how many have actually been used or how many have sank. There may be a areas of S. American water where the fish are over confident and actively tease the poor fisherman in games of 'chase me, chase me'.

3. I like the CCTV periscope!
    There was a doc about this shown last year.I'll see if I can find it.

4. Was it a Royal Navy Submarine?

5. Good job we still have the Nimrod fleet to observe the water for such beasties.... oh, wait.

6. Especially if there were made by BAE

7. So basically it won't be that long before a bunch of cokeheads have more submarines than us as well.

8. They do, it's why they keep getting stuck on sandbanks. :boogie:

9. Found the order form.

Attached Files:

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

They had unmanned subs that could be towed behind an innocent looking yacht back in the late 80's. This one is just a bit more shiny. Could have built it on the Tyne for half the money mind. But they never asked.

11. That is not Columbia it is Portsmouth Dockyard, up near the defence diving school.

12. Actually looking at the photo on BBC news it could be mistaken for a RN sub as it looks like its been beached.

13. Drugs on a submarine?

Where have I heard that before...?

[​IMG]

14. Just don't make toys like they used too. I spent around 800 quid on my wee lad for crimbo on a load a shit and for 7 dollars back then I could have bought a mini nuke sub, **** sake and inflations only at 5% apparently