Drops

Discussion in 'RLC' started by flipside, May 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

Do u know of any site that shows the correct hand signals when backing drops into locations.

Everybody i have seen do it uses different variations, i am finding it confusing

Cheers in advance

Flipside

2. Am I still hungover?

Please tell me this is a horrible joke!

3. Form a circle with the thumb and forefinger of your right hand. Have the remaining fingers follow the contour of the forefinger. Cant your hand forward slightly and execute a vigurous up and down motion with your wrist.

Oh, you're probably doing it aleady.

4. On the basis this might be a serious request...

Check TAM - there's a guide in there.

Alternatively, ask for a refund on the B3 Driver Course. :?

5. he he he

must have been steamin when i requsted this information, my b3 course was a joke

Mr relaxed where can i check TAM?

Cheers for the humour and info

Flipside

6. TAM = Tactical Aide Memoir.
    Check out your training wing they will have a copy in the publication store. Whilst your there, they will if asked nicely re-instruct you in hand signals. Failing that why not ask those in your section for help i'm sure at least one of them will know.

7. Try JSP341, not sure if the RLC pocket book has it in.

8. Surely that should be DROPS?? Is it MLC or IMMLC??

Crow

9. Sure it isnt a MMLC B-F-W?

10. I think the problem you are having (apart from not paying attention during the hand signals module of your B3 course) is that no one really uses the hand signals taught at Leconfield. Many local variations include 'finger wagging' to indicate delicate manouvers. 'Huge gestures' to indicate you can move faster, and one arm in the air making a possible circular motion whilst the guider is looking at something you can't see. The inflection of a signal is quite easy to grasp. If in doubt ask because I don't think most of the gestures used are in, or will ever be in any TAMs.

11. Cheers for the info everbody

Spoke to REME m8 of mine and after much slagging he agreed to help out

:>

Flipside

12. You need to go back to your training wing or ask a master driver for the proper hand signals,and like some body has all ready stated stay switched on in future :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

13. this is a shocking discussion, started by someone who, I presume, in today's litigious atmosphere pranged a truck and is now trying to get out of the fine by claiming that the hand signals they were given were unconventional. Just don't crash, it isn't that ******* hard. The last people i'd suggest asking are the wannabe war mongers in the training wing. They'll have you cammed up and doing section attacks long before the issue of how to give it some left hand down is broached. As for the master driver, why don't you ask him how to put on a seat belt at the same time, you won't drop your unit in the shit - much.