Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropping 4G in less than a minute.

Awol

LE
Chaps, I’m using an IPhone 6 with a Smarty sim. Smarty piggy back off the 3 network, but give you lashings of data (30gb per month and free texts and calls, all for £10 per month).

It all works fine except that I’m permanently on 3G when they say 97% of their network delivers 4G.

If I click on the aeroplane thingy to disconnect Wi-fi and mobile data, and then click it again to reconnect, I get 4G for about a minute, then it reverts back to 3G.

Anyone with any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Chaps, I’m using an IPhone 6 with a Smarty sim. Smarty piggy back off the 3 network, but give you lashings of data (30gb per month and free texts and calls, all for £10 per month).

It all works fine except that I’m permanently on 3G when they say 97% of their network delivers 4G.

If I click on the aeroplane thingy to disconnect Wi-fi and mobile data, and then click it again to reconnect, I get 4G for about a minute, then it reverts back to 3G.

Does this happen regardless of where you are physically? By which I mean happens on multiple towers or just one location.

On Android it's possible to select your connection type. Assume your iPhone will have similar.
Screenshot_20210201_143155.jpg

Known and ongoing issue with 3, OP. A guy from work was having very similar diffs.

3ToedSloth

War Hero

I don't know about 4G, but since I got the covid-19 vaccine my 5G reception is amazing.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Check the APN settings are correct as per