Dropping 4G in less than a minute.

Awol

LE
Chaps, I’m using an IPhone 6 with a Smarty sim. Smarty piggy back off the 3 network, but give you lashings of data (30gb per month and free texts and calls, all for £10 per month).

It all works fine except that I’m permanently on 3G when they say 97% of their network delivers 4G.

If I click on the aeroplane thingy to disconnect Wi-fi and mobile data, and then click it again to reconnect, I get 4G for about a minute, then it reverts back to 3G.

Anyone with any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Chaps, I’m using an IPhone 6 with a Smarty sim. Smarty piggy back off the 3 network, but give you lashings of data (30gb per month and free texts and calls, all for £10 per month).

It all works fine except that I’m permanently on 3G when they say 97% of their network delivers 4G.

If I click on the aeroplane thingy to disconnect Wi-fi and mobile data, and then click it again to reconnect, I get 4G for about a minute, then it reverts back to 3G.

Does this happen regardless of where you are physically? By which I mean happens on multiple towers or just one location.

On Android it's possible to select your connection type. Assume your iPhone will have similar.
Screenshot_20210201_143155.jpg

Known and ongoing issue with 3, OP. A guy from work was having very similar diffs.

3ToedSloth

War Hero

I don't know about 4G, but since I got the covid-19 vaccine my 5G reception is amazing.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Check the APN settings are correct as per

Latest Threads