Drop out CIC

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by mac762, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im meant to be going to CIC on the 28th in a few days,for various personal reasons cannot really be running away for 2 weeks at the moment (abit late i know).
    Whats the attitude towards dropping out? i can make it in may when i was meant to be going,which is just within the 8 week limit from finishing 7.
    Will this be seen as non commitment etc? I hear spaces are very limited on CIC at the moment.

Cheers mac.
  2. msr

msr LE

There is only one way to find out.

Best you tell your PSI soonest that you cannot make it.

3. I thought this thread would be about RLC trade courses.
  4. Just seen the family>work>TA thread.

cheers :)
  5. Ha ha! Not so much dropping out of course, more being RTU on the first morning for not having the correct paperwork sorted out.
  6. Spaces are a little tight at the moment for CIC but not too tight ie you won't be waiting 12 months for one!

If it's not too much of a drama I'd just do your CIC and get it out of the way, if it's something major then fair one, let your PSI know.

An example of not too much of a drama would be one of my lads calls our PSI the day before he was due to go on CIC saying he couldn't go because he and his girlfriend had just had an argument about him going away - that is a sh!t reason and you really need to evaluate your commitment, if your grannys just popped her clogs or Works going to sack you for not going then fair one!

7. I was thinking more of the individual being a drop out aka a bum.
  8. Or failing the PFT or weapon handling test or the 4 mile CFT all done on Saturday afternoon