Drop leg dump pouch...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by townsend3111, Sep 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will it be a crow - like thing to buy a drop leg dump pouch? Just thinking of whilst in a section attack etc its an easy option to get rid of empty mags?
  2. I've never been a big fan of anything that straps to the leg, including drop leg holsters. In Iraq I had a drop leg mag pouch and found that the elastic in the leg straps became loose over time and I just ended up with the pouch swinging around and banging against my leg when running.
  3. I used the drop leg thingy on the assault vest for my ressy, now they've changed the damn thing, dunno where the GSR is going to fit ?
  4. As per Crowbag, if you are doing much in the way of tabbing/walking then drop legs are a right pain.

It isn't crowish, but it is a personal sort of thing... if you are in a vehicle mainly then they are ok.

you can buy them that roll up and then unroll when you need them.. chances are if you need it then you wont really give a fcuk if it is flapping around or is in a position that would annoy you in normal situation.
  5. Fair does ! Just seen a roll up dump pouch on JayJays...

I didnt know if it would become one of those 'lets make fun out of him' items...
  6. Half undo your smock Hay presto a dump pouch ! there you go just save you a tenner.
  7. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Because apparently your smock is really easy to get to under body armour....
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Don't you wear your smock over your armour? ;)
  9. I do.. But find it awkward with mags rattling around inside haha
  10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

No, have you ever tried wearing a smock over Osprey or similar armour.
  11. I'll be honest...

I thought the ittle winky thing would have alerted you to the humour behind my post.

But I have indeed worn a smock of amour.
  12. Good news is that now RAF Regt. has taken over CBRN the Army is no longer required to practice for such things, it will only be an RAF problem, so no need for dinky pouch for GSR.