Drones to target Taliban on both sides of border

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/world/09-drones-to-target-taliban-on-both-sides-of-border--szh-11

2. I have always found it interesting that US Crab Force, demands qualified pilots 'Fly' the drones, yet US Army has that spotty faced kid just out of school the 'Gameboy' controlling theirs.
    Maybe in my lifetime we have Uman Pilots just trash hauling and flying choppers, while all the dangerous work is done by Drones.
    john

3. Drones are a life saver, I'd like to see constant air saturation by them, give Terry something to think about when he's trying to plant his IED's.

Wonder why someone does't develop a high altitude loiter vehicle, a sort of lo tech mini zepellin with a camera on board, could then be used to home in the missile carrying UAV's. If it gets shot down, nothing too sensitive to recover. Just a thought.

4. sure ive seen a drone like this called the global hawk, but it may just be a bigger version of the predator

6. [​IMG]

One of these ?

7. There are already drones that do loiter or lurk at medium altitude, complete with cameras and a few toys to liven up the proceedings on the ground. Several people have already found this out, the hard way.