"Drones" Attack World Trade Center

You have to be blind and ignorant to ignore the Saudi support behind the attacks,
You make the Russian trolls, JohnG, Bugsey, Baglock,etc look like true gentlemen compared to how low you’ll stoop just get a reaction out of members, beyond pathetic is what you are.....

Hardly blind and hardly ignorant dear boy. Please go find another place to play, especially today. As to whatever substance there is in your crayoning, a "more" careful reading of the OP might provide at least a hint as to its thrust---those actually at the controls of the aircraft on that day. It is not a thread to examine all the surrounding issues, where there is blame aplenty to spread around.

And in case you missed it along the way, in the event you thought as you apparently did in having posted in this thread (originally and now), that you would somehow score a "dig" against me (and that is how you appear to me--to be playing some sort of an infantile game of "gotcha"), I have been on record on ARRSE about 5 times longer than you have graced us with your presence, that the Saudis are not a true ally of America or any non-islamic nation and are rather our mortal enemy so in that sense you are preaching to the choir as it were. Good day.
And that the thing. No writers of today experienced the fear, the rage, and the uncertainty that those four airliners caused in the sky that day.

Indeed you are correct. They will be as sheep to the slaughter.
I can't say I blame the kids. They only know what they are either taught, or see in the media. The best one can do is watch what they are learning in school, and when they get older provide the insight they might not have had. But if you want the best galling example of erasing history today, look at the Civil War monuments in the South that are being removed or trashed because people are offended. Then look at the movement to rename many of the Army Fort's named after Confederate Generals, Hood, Bragg, Lee.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
So the tweets of the NYT are inaccurate?

Perhaps Yahoo aggregator, not known for its evil "right wing" bias will do so as not to divert the thread, as I am sure you do not wish to do:

Yes that's exactly what pointing out your source was to say the least a bit dubious, what I said.

Yes that's exactly what pointing out your source was to say the least a bit dubious, what I said.
Thanks awfully for your helpful contribution dear fellow.

PFGEN

GCM
2001 - "never forget"
2019 - "Some planes did something"

Don't worry mate, If anything like this happens again, You might get the american left telling you to light a candle and sing "Don't look back in anger" while a bee gets tatooed on your arrse!
I had the wrong specs on at first and read this as:
....and sing "Don't look back in anger" while a beegee tattoos your arrse!

Thought I'd missed the news about Sir Barry opening a tattoo parlour!

"Some planes did something". I cannot believe that there's a US Congresswoman who would say such an unbelievably fatuous statement like that on this anniversary.

Ilhan Omar, enjoy your one term in Congress, as you're condemned as an asterisk on a footnote of the 116th Congress.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Where was I? 3,000-odd miles from home at a conference. Due to fly home 9/12.
I rocked up ready to do the usual blanket-over-a-table-in-a-booth thing that the Americans do, to find that all the stuff I had to lay out had already been put into a skip. Event cancelled, trauma centre opened outside the exhibition hall... aircraft hitting the WTC on auto-repeat on the TV.
Two very calm Israeli guys - they'd seen terrorism before. The US hadn't. Truth moment.
A country closing down. Deserted streets - a police car at each crossroads, a Federal plan in place, a cop and a shotgun sat on each bonnet.
The bars open. People drinking and watching the TV screens.
People worrying that they couldn't get home. Me pointing out that they could get a bus, a train, walk... I couldn't swim 3,000 miles even on a good day. Shut up, go away.
Not knowing what the new US President would do. Was the Middle East going to turn into a pile of radioactive glass. Would I ever get home? Thinking that it didn't look good.
Trying forever to get a phone connection. Catching my colleague - eventually. Crying, and asking him to tell my family I was okay. Not sure when I'll call next.
Lonely. American friends and colleagues finding ways to get away and drifting off.
Boston Logan being the last airport to open. Kicking my heels in a place far away from home, waiting, waiting for a plane home. Eventually flying home on an aircraft that was almost empty, because too many people were too afraid to fly.
Not caring any more; just wanting to get home. If something happened, so be it. I'll take the chance. Just get home.
Getting home. Tired. Ringing people I'd had petty arguments with, telling them life was too short - let's catch up. Re-evaluating, for that brief time before we all revert to type, what life was, is, really about.
That's where I was.

Hardly blind and hardly ignorant dear boy. Please go find another place to play, especially today. As to whatever substance there is in your crayoning, a "more" careful reading of the OP might provide at least a hint as to its thrust---those actually at the controls of the aircraft on that day. It is not a thread to examine all the surrounding issues, where there is blame aplenty to spread around.

And in case you missed it along the way, in the event you thought as you apparently did in having posted in this thread (originally and now), that you would somehow score a "dig" against me (and that is how you appear to me--to be playing some sort of an infantile game of "gotcha"), I have been on record on ARRSE about 5 times longer than you have graced us with your presence, that the Saudis are not a true ally of America or any non-islamic nation and are rather our mortal enemy so in that sense you are preaching to the choir as it were. Good day.
Nah - I actually respect you (genuinely) -never a dig - just pointing out the cozy relationship we have with the Saudis...despite everything.

Yokel

LE
To say "airplanes were aimed..." or whatever is cowardly, not unlike saying someone was shot by a firearm. The guilty bastards acted that way as they were murdering bastards, belonging to a well funded and organised terrorist group, not because they were Muslims. There were Muslim victims, and also heroic Muslims that day. I remember reading a story of how a orthodox Jew was saved by a Muslim - presumably identifiable by his dress. The West is better than discriminating against someone because of their religion. The terrorists wanted to start a race war and spread hatred and division.

You might be interested in this: Not in God's Name - Rabbi Sacks

You might also be interested in the words of the Captain of the USS John F Kennedy on 10 March 2002:

Good evening onboard John F. Kennedy and Carrier Air Wing Seven.

We are currently preceding at best speed to our launch point for tonight's strikes, off the coast of Pakistan, nearly 700 miles south of our targets in Afghanistan. At midnight, CVW 7 will launch into the dark night, and strike their first blows of Operation Enduring Freedom, the war on terrorism. For us this is a culminating point in space, a culminating point in time, and a culminating point in history.

Our enemy is a group of religious fanatics, who pervert the peace of Islam and twist its meaning to justify the murder of thousands of innocents at the Twin Towers of New York, at the Pentagon, and in a field in Pennsylvania.

They hate us and attack us because they oppose all that is good about America. They hate us because we are prosperous. They hate us because we are tolerant. They hate us because we are happy. Mostly, they hate us because we are free and because we will "pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend or oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty." Make no mistake - this is fight for Western Civilization. If these monsters are not destroyed they will destroy us, and our children and children's children will live in fear forever.

America is the only nation that can stop them and destroy them. Only America has the strength of character and the vast resources to hunt these fanatics down anywhere in the world. We have friends and Allies but we are the leaders of the world our forefathers made and died for. Our Naval power has been the principal weapon of our resolve. Great ships and great crews have gone before us - ENTERPRISE, CARL VINSON, KITTY HAWK, TEDDY ROOSEVELT, JOHN C. STENNIS. Tonight, our enemies will feel the power of USS JOHN F KENNEDY. It is now our turn to strike for justice and we will strike hard.

Millions of Americans wish they could be here tonight with us. They saw the Twin Towers fall, and watched helplessly, wanting to do something to defend America and our way of life. For us tonight, that wait and that helplessness are over. We have reached the point where we are all part of something so much greater than ourselves. For the rest of our lives, no matter whether we stay in the Navy or move on to civilian life, no matter what we do or where we go, we will remember that on 10 March 2002, we came together and struck a blow for freedom.

All of us are volunteers. Most of us joined the Navy to serve our country and better ourselves. Tonight and in the nights to follow we are given the opportunity of a lifetime, a chance to truly make a difference in the world. Our namesake, John F. Kennedy, wrote that "a single person can make a difference, and every person should try." Tonight, WE can make a difference!

We represent America in all its power and diversity. We are men and women, rich and poor, black and white, and all colors of the human rainbow. We are Christian, Jew, and yes, Muslim. WE ARE AMERICA.

This war will not be short, pleasant, or easy. It has already required the sacrifice of our firefighters, our policemen, our soldiers, our Sailors, our airmen, and our Marines. More sacrifices will be made. In the end we will win, precisely because we are those things that the terrorists hate - prosperous, happy, tolerant, and most of all, free.

Those Americans who wish they could be here with us are, in fact, here with us in spirit. Never before in American history has our nation been so completely unified and resolute in purpose. They are cheering us on, praying for our safety and our success. Our families are behind us 100%.

We will not let them down. We are, and will be, men and women of honor, courage, and commitment.

Abraham Lincoln said "America is the last, best hope for the world". Tonight we hold a shining beacon of that hope. We shall keep it burning brightly.

Stay sharp. Stay focused. Stay safe. Use the training that has made you the best Sailors in the world.

Trust in your faith, and in your shipmates. God bless us all, and God bless America.

Last edited:
Nah - I actually respect you (genuinely) -never a dig - just pointing out the cozy relationship we have with the Saudis...despite everything.
Certainly noted and agreed.

"Some planes did something". I cannot believe that there's a US Congresswoman who would say such an unbelievably fatuous statement like that on this anniversary.

Ilhan Omar, enjoy your one term in Congress, as you're condemned as an asterisk on a footnote of the 116th Congress.
Well, I'm not exactly certain that she said it on the anniversary of 9/11, but she certainly said it. The people of Minnesota should be deeply ashamed at sending this racist fool to Congress. They will redeem themselves at the ballot box by voting her sorry ass out at the earliest possible moment.

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
I tuned in to the BBC World Service very early in the morning yesterday to hear the announcer mention the September 11 attacks as "the day when four airliners crashed".

Latest Threads