Drone Operator

The position they are recruiting for (RPAS) says that you can't be over 33 years of age, I'm nearly 35, and must have adequate 4 a-c GCSE's, I think I have 3. However, I do have an actual qualification as a current licensed drone operator. I know pretty much zero about recruitment to both the RAF or Army so I'm not sure how strict these are and if my current situation would be considered at all.
There's a bit of a difference between flying a drone and being a pilot, which is what RAF RPAS operators are. If you don't make the basic academic requirements then age is pretty irrelevant, and a drone operators licence wouldn't tip the balance. The Army operates systems more akin to what you are used to

You've got to remember that the TA had a long tradition of people wanting to NOT to do their day job at the weekends. Pay Clerks who were civvie chefs, Chefs who were electricians, Powermen who were chartered accountants. Makes for some strange accidents when they mobilise. Royal Engineer Officer surveying a powerstation in Bosnia was shocked by his driver contradicting him. "I'm a Member of the Institute of Electrical Engineers" said the Major. "Strange" said the Lance Jack. "I'm a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical Engineers and the MD of the largest commercial electical company in the North West of England"
Had a similar incident when I joined TA after leaving back in about 2004. Young lad asked a question about FRES, and some Major replied with inaccurate facts. I politely told both the Major (CS at Andover) that they had answered incorrectly, and went on to explain the "then" current situation". A Capt (CS at DSTL) condescendingly informed me that I was wrong, as said Major was an ES Manager at Andover. I replied, that as a consultant, then working for QinetiQ, I had just re-written the "Use Study", and was therefore perhaps best placed to know what the situation was. Stunned silence as I turned around and walked off.

Had a similar incident when I joined TA after leaving back in about 2004. Young lad asked a question about FRES, and some Major replied with inaccurate facts. I politely told both the Major (CS at Andover) that they had answered incorrectly, and went on to explain the "then" current situation". A Capt (CS at DSTL) condescendingly informed me that I was wrong, as said Major was an ES Manager at Andover. I replied, that as a consultant, then working for QinetiQ, I had just re-written the "Use Study", and was therefore perhaps best placed to know what the situation was. Stunned silence as I turned around and walked off.
Had a similar experience on a R Sigs TA Troopies course. EW Staffy was slapping his gums about the (at the time) new Tornado EW pod. TA Lt says nothing, but after the presentation quietly goes up to correct a couple of misconceptions and give him a bit of guidance opsec wise. "No, no" says the Staffy, "I got this from an RAF SNCO who knows". TA Lt replies "Then I'd like to know who, as I'm the project officer on the secure comms package for the pod at BAe Wharton, and I'd like to have a word with his vetting officer!". Staffy went white, because the "....and yours" was unuttered, but very much implied.

Never assume anything about a Reservist audience. Many an old fart TA Major turns out to be a former steely eyed killer of men that was up the Jebel akhdar when your dad was in short trousers. I remember an RSM waxing lyrical about being the RQMS in Brunei, the jungle, the Gurhas etc. He thought he was doing it to some old TA traffic officer. Now I knew said Traffic Officer was a former Yeoman with the Gurkha brigade in Malaya. When I asked him why he didn't say anything he just shrugged "Well, I didn't like to interrupt!" No longer with us, but a real gentleman.

It was the pay that surprised me. I was a TA Infantry Corporal, but in my day job earned more than a regular Company OC. Interesting on courses etc to hear SNCO’s comment that we were only there for the money.