• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

DRLC on ARRSE

BaggyInBlack said:
Heard it on good faith that the DRLC checks out ARRSE. Says he gets some surprisingly good facts from it.
Anyone know his logon name here :twisted:
Woah there BiB - we can't go "outing" individual users regardless of how senior. Or do the mods disagree?

If DRLC does look at ARRSE, I would imagine he is disappointed at the state of the RLC forum.

General Melchett has improved things somewhat with the inclusion of trade-related "stickies" (although he appears to deliberately be excluding Movement Control :evil: ).

The problem still remains that there is not enough diversity in the posts here, with the average user happier to level derision at the "RLCCHeese" as acertain member refers to the Corps ( :evil: ) rather than use this as an excellent medium for communicating Corps-related matters.

I, like others, admit to being a forum-whore and roam freely across the whole site, baiting Sigs and Infantry as I go; I do think we should make more of our forum though...

Surely it's a good thing if most soldiers can't or wont tell him how it is in the flesh, he could do a lot worse than have a nosy around here once in a while.

Zippy483

Ah, movement controller. Knew I'd forgotten someone.

If DRLC does squint at the forum we are only a very small proportion of the RLC, no more than say 60?

A very poor show indeed.

"Dear DRLC,

Please can you promote ARRSE via the Stainer to the rest of the RLC.

Lots of Love,

GM"

General Melchett said:
Ah, movement controller. Knew I'd forgotten someone.

If DRLC does squint at the forum we are only a very small proportion of the RLC, no more than say 60?

A very poor show indeed.

"Dear DRLC,

Please can you promote ARRSE via the Stainer to the rest of the RLC.

Lots of Love,

GM"
Fine call sir, fine call...

The problem still remains that there is not enough diversity in the posts here, with the average user happier to level derision at the "RLCCHeese" as acertain member refers to the Corps ( ) rather than use this as an excellent medium for communicating Corps-related matters.
The problem, I beleive, is that few people actually start topics or even contribute to threads, there seems to be a good many tourists!

Furthermore can anyone actually explain to me what DRLC (both the man and the HQ) actually do, as I genuinely don't know?

Furthermore can anyone actually explain to me what DRLC (both the man and the HQ) actually do, as I genuinely don't know?[/quot

Not a lot, come up with great idea's about natty little flashes to be worn in camp, talk bollocks about how good the new soldiers are, and try to make out we should be proud of all their pink and fluffy interferring.

Sir if you do look at this site

we want soldiers not sicknotes.
issue a corps order on discipline.
Dont train in select out.
Train people to be NCO's before we promote them.
Make the MPC(A) harder - its soft on DGs and unfair on fit people.
Stop promoting deadwood just because they are shiney in camp and can do paperwork.
Promotion should be on merit and not for all the other reasons the corps seem to use.
Just because a female says she wants to instruct it doesn't mean she will be any good at it. so stop accelarating their promotion - let them prove themselves first.

The points you make are fair. I was going to make a sarcastic comment about how you should be DRLC, but you've clearly been thinking about it hard for such a long time that you obviously think you have 'a shot at the title!'.

On another note about 'what the HQ actually does?', make life difficult for the rest of us seems to be the answer to me. Based on my one experience with DRLC when I looking to help out some young soldiers a butch (and for my money, clearly lesbian) SO3 persisted in quoting rules and regulations at me, because she didn't have the courage just to say no. Or indeed have the flexibility to accept a proposal that was 'out of the box' (no sexual pun intended).

I suppose MCM Div have got to have somewhere to post Offrs who can't be entrusted to represent the RLC in the wider army.

If DRLC doesn't get on ARRSE he'll never know what the Corps think.

Face it when does the appointment leave Dettigen House except to shoot recruits at the Offrs' Mess?

Undermanned and over subscribed ring any bells?

Much of which could be avoided by not taking on so much, not doing so much crap (inf ex / march and shoot in fact anything that detracts from our Corps (sic) focus). As well as not giving away all our blokes to backfill pointless jobs in HQ SLB and the myriad of other black economy jobs. Then of course there are the skiers, boxers and Corps tiddlywinks team, however, the Silver Stars are OK in my book as none of them are actually RLC!

Judging by the few RLC related threads I have read, we are really not doing ourselves much good at representing our capbadge. There seems to be a distinct lack of loyalty and pride. I am not saying that I am any better than anyone else, but I do have a little pride in my corps. I am not DRLC either! before anyone else asks!!

Judging by the few RLC related threads I have read, we are really not doing ourselves much good at representing our capbadge. There seems to be a distinct lack of loyalty and pride. I am not saying that I am any better than anyone else, but I do have a little pride in my corps. I am not DRLC either! before anyone else asks!!
You know who the DRLC is dont you. You brown nosing scat monster, you! :D

SK

best days of my life blah blah blah. Those were the days - bunny hopping down to kiss Mr Smith and mess tin order runs round the WRAC block. I think it all went downhill after I transferred out, or was it when they renamed the Cannon Club, or was it when the tattooist in Keys Cafe died.

Long live Delhi Pl and all who sailed in her (or up her). Well 'ard.

SKJOLD said:
You know who the DRLC is dont you. You brown nosing cnut, you! :D

SK
Only time I ever met him, there was just a haze of smoke!! :wink:
Please not the "C" word!?* :oops:

Latest Threads