DRLC on a thread near you soon - he is here!!!

Discussion in 'RLC' started by KnightsofRowallan, Jun 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gentlemen, There was an RLC study day recently and DRLC was kind enough to address us all. He was on good form and quite funny.
    However more amazing was his clear statement that he wants to know what is going on at grass roots level.
    He said that a very good way of achieving this was to log onto ARRSE. At this point 50% of the audience looked blank, mainly I have to say the front four rows desperately seeking their MS moment and asking questions that go on for ages to demonstrate how clever they are.
    The other 50%, focused on the rows of cynical Capts and Majs looked both surprised, pleased and smirked in equal measure.
    Hurrah!
    I also had a very interesting chat with DRLC later (non of which I am going to reveal, as he will then know who I am, read my other Topics, then have me shot, and if he didn't, my CO would (but thats all in my other thread)).
    So well done sir, for being the first to want to find out, and chaps, it is our duty to spread the word, show this man the truth, and change things for the better.
    Because whilst our COs whisk him round showing all the shiney bits of the Regt and showing him how clever they are, he doesn't get to see what doesn't work, therfore shooting ourselves in the foot.
    Sir, I raise my glass to you.

P.S. - Sir, about the beige list, Have I ever mentioned how handsome you are................. :twisted:

2. You are soooooo shallow, KoR. However, you're clearly a man of conscience. REVEAL THY SELF! :lol:

No? didn't think so, but keep up the subversive work! :wink:

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

So why does he not log on - or even better can you give his username?

P.S. for you beige is soooooooooo not in this year! Try brown (on your nose) :wink:

4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

KoR - Digging out blind.

5. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

At a course for grown ups at the Defence Academy not too long after ARRSE started up the Prince of Darkness suggested to the assembled masses that if commanders wanted to get a feel for what actually constitutes the "view on the ground" they could "do worse than look here", at which point he had a power point slide of our home page.

It's well known that a number of very big grown ups that look on this site. I know of one starred rank that posts regularly. Just because DRLC may not have registered, or may have but keeps a username under wraps by not posting with it doesn't mean he doesn't check in every so often to get a feel for the views expressed here.

6. Well, here is one for thought.

Perhaps a fair percentage of serving soldiers just want to get on with the job, soldiering, without having certain people more senior telling them that:"with AGAI 67, we can get you". Not really encouraging......

7. Well, at least your gaffer takes an interest.

8. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Yes, I'm sure the views of the 0.4% of the RLC who use ARRSE are a fair representation. :twisted:

9. You could really start a debate whether or not gaffers take an interest when threatening (agai 67) action to a perfectly fine running sub-unit.

Why would one want to do such a thing if not to stir trouble so as to dish extras out?

Wouldn´t it be far easier and of a better man management style to lie low and take action when really needed without trying to upset and threaten people where threats are not needed?

Surely, it is unwise to spit at the dog when it is just being friendly?????
    Methinks I am wearing a redcoat and carrying a muzzle-loader......

10. AGAI 67? Thank God I've left - what a load of arrse

11. Woopert are you DRLC? (past or present?)

12. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Cabbage, are you DRLC?

It could be ANYONE???!!!!

13. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Am I DRLC? Blo0dy hell, that would explain all these requests for 'log support' lying all over my desk (I thought log support was something rude) and the sea of Lt Cols praying to me and scattering rose petals in my path every time I pop down the mess for Tea and Toast. Ho hum, can I invade anyone as DRLC? Do I have any cool soldiers at my disposal? Whats this "11 EOD Regt"? that can't be a real unit....oh, I just rang them up, clearly it's not (they do not have ONE Drops! Not One! Hee hee, what funny little men they are).

As much as I applaud the Grande Fromage for endeavouring to find out the truth of his corps by coming on Arrse, surely we'd all be better off as an organisation if there was a more open system of discussion and constructive critisism in the Corps - and, more pertinently, an environment where that can be done without the inevitable witch hunt afterwards.

How about we put a 5 year moratoreum on all RLC Officer promotion? Maybe everyone would stop worrying about their profile and start doing their job then. Yes, I'm aware that's a silly idea, but I'm just making a point.

14. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

I like nievety, it suggests such simple answers that are quite clearly never going to be taken seriously in a million years! :roll:

I think the reason DRLC et al do come on here is because no such means does, or for the sake of self-interest, ever will exist.

It would be an interesting exercise to compare the consequences of Corps merger with that of any other conglomorate of a similar size. While there's much to criticise (and I like my anonymity thanks, so no public honking from this call-sign) I'd be surprised if it would be any different anywhere else. It's the value of keeping your head down and getting on with it.

15. I don't think that I'm DRLC. Is it something that shows?