DRLC Cleanup of the Corps

Discussion in 'RLC' started by RLCQMAN, Nov 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have had the opportunity to recently sit and listen at length to the opinions of the new Director!! He has stipulated that any individual who does not look after his soldiers will be found, mutilated and sacked (not his specific words, but words of that nature). I sat and wondered today that if this were truly the case what percentage of DE officers in the Corps we would lose overnight and more importantly how many members of staff would be left in his Headquarters???.............Discuss in no more than 2500 words, workings out to be shown!!!

2. Do you really believe his comments were restricted to DE Officers alone, or are you on a personal crusade against the DE fraternity in general? His words apply to everybody holding the rank of LCpl and upwards, and his message is exactly right.

Interestingly enough I was at a seminar the other day when a senior civilian financier came out with something similar.

3. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

Isn’t it a bit late to implement a retention policy?

:?

4. And why DE officers???

5. If you got rid of all the imcompotents commanders in the RLC you wouldnt be left with much of a "corp"

6. Utter and I do mean 'utter' fcukin genius. The buck stops elsewhere apparently!

I gather by your comments you have an axe to grind?

Why does this argument denegrate to a 'them and us' fest between the Commisioned and Non-Commisioned member of this Fcukin Corps? I have my own views, but hey ho!

7. Rearrange these words.....

Horse, Stable, Bolted, After, Door, Lock, The, Has, The.....

8. so how was the course? did you pass, or merely attend?

F
    O
    R
    T
    E

nothing new there, just the words
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Nothing wrong with stirring the place up and it won't be just Officers (DE or not) who get a good kick up the arrse.

10. I prefered the it when the directors motto was
    'you buy one you get one free'
    [​IMG]

11. No - my impression is that it is just this Director being consistent with the approach to leadership he has followed throughout his career - and a basic tenet of command at all levels - putting soldiers first. Arguably something his predecessors haven't made a high priority of... 8O

12. It was always there..... It was just the quality of the delivering that varied.

Start with a cage containing five apes. In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. Before long, an ape will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the Banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the apes with cold water. After a while, another ape makes an attempt with the same result - all the apes are sprayed with cold water.

Continue until, when another ape tries to climb the stairs, the other apes try to prevent it.

.....Now, turn off the cold water.

Now, remove one ape from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the other apes attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five apes and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.

Again, replace a third original ape with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four apes that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest ape.

After replacing the fourth and fifth original apes, all the apes which have been sprayed with cold water have been replaced. Nevertheless, no ape ever again approaches the stairs. Why not?

"Because that's the way it's always been around here."

That's how DRLC policy begins... :)

13. The excuse for the spineless and the lazy.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! I fcuking hate that.

It doesn't make it right :x

14. My Oh My, hasn't this put the cat amongst the pigeons.......do I have a thing about DE officers....not really I dislike everybody equally!!! I just thought that it was very cheeky of Reg Holdsworth to make statements of that nature bearing in mind the company he was in. There are a lot of individuals out there stealing oxygen and I am suprised that he thinks he will rectify this situation by that type of threat.

How many of us have been in situations where people should have had the sack instead of a gucci posting and promotion. The Big Fella will now only get to meet the troops in environments where it is clinically clean and smells peculiarly of paint and as such will never see or meet these people in their true guise.

The boss also went on to say that for every fcuk up there was an incapable officer and a senior rank who didn't care enough!!! Quite a strong statement and a sad indiciation of his understanding of the Corps as a whole if he truly believes that!!!

I was under the impression that as a Corps we did our business better than ever before under harsher conditions, and that these conditions and the tempo of operations sometimes led to mistakes...See the recent Fus Gentle inquest for proof of this!!! We may always try our best to do what is required but in the end we are all human and humans by their very nature sometimes make mistakes.

Maybe the boss should realise that the Corps is in very good shape and I'm sure when he sits in that Ivory Tower at Deepcut he knows that! He should also realise that those individuals who cannot cut the mustard are still here because of some of his senior boys and girls. Their failure to root out these individuals is an error in itself and by the Big Fella's standards they are also culpable and by definition should face the same consequences.

So, back to my first point, if he has laid out his stall and nobody is safe, how many of the DE community will be left???

15. DRLC is not in touch with the Corps.

Devoid of orginal thought, his crap acronyms reek of some new managerial re-shape that he has done as part of his MBA.

The guys are working hard, very hard in some cases and to be met with this sort of appreciation is insulting. I find it difficult sometimes to find the motivation for improvement - it really does sometimes feel like that it makes no difference whether you try or not.

The brush is very wide and it is coated with paint that is all the same colour.