Driza-Bones

cpunk

LE
As my Barbour jacket is now getting beyond economic repair I'm considering the options for replacement. Any views on Driza-bones? Do they last longer? Which type is best?

Haven't got one, but as for their quality, friend has had a Driza-bones coat for 20 years or somesuch and it's still going strong.

Got both Barbour and Driza Bone. The latter are much more utilitarian, and the wax does transfer quite easily to other clothes at first. But they are fcuking tough jackets.

Driza-Bone, mines 10 years old and still going steong. In fact it doesnt look more than a year old, tough old jackets.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Driza-Bone. Looks a bit daft on a short-arrse like me, but sod it, it keeps me dry. Better than Barbours in that it's considerably lighter, and less greasy.

Originally Driza-bones were made from sailing ships canvas [Cutty Sark type ships] and have not changed much over the last century. Good bit of kit. McWilliams [a look-a-like] which is also made in Austalia is in my view even better and are I think about $120 Australian if your ever down under.