Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by jack5c5, Feb 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. when do you learn to drive in the ta at what stage
  2. Deleted because I'm in the mood from hell and apparently that's nasty
  3. its sunday night and im only going through the first stages of recruitment thick twat
  4. You sit all your HGV licences prior to Phase 2 training.
  5. Deleted because I'm in the mood from hell and apparently that's nasty
  6. The first question is do you need to drive in your unit that you are joining? Inf, possibly not. RLC/RE/REME probably yes.
  7. its a forum to ask questions like this someone else has given me the infomation just because you were bullied as child dont take it out on everyone on here
  8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

You may be taught, you may not - I'd rather go for the latter, to be honest. There is a lot of pressure on instructional schools at the moment (and there always is).

Now, whether or not they tell you they'll send you on a driving/skiing/underwater knife fighting course before you join - now that's different!
  9. I better give a sensible comment as I've been told off already today.

OP speak to your unit, like above has said depends on your unit and how you fit into their ORBAT. For example are you in MT troop etc

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. To the OP,

In common with the totally pointless posts you seem hell bent on boring us with does the phrase 'wristing, pulsating, **** stained cockwomble' mean anything?

Coz it should.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I will answer fairly sensibly as I have only had 5 pints of cider.

Firstly depends on what you do within your unit and if it dictates that you need to drive.

Secondly - budget, it will take about 10 lessons (Not sure of the cost at the moment, and know that units will get them cheaper for block booking)

Thirdly, there may be people further up the queue.

Last of all, they won't expect to spend any money on someone who is not a regular attender and will probably pack in when he gets his licence.

I would say a year to 18 months.

Did mine with my unit and they had about 60 lessons allocated. I was a substitute who fell in when after two lessons someone was unable to get out of their side street and join the main road.
  12. Depends on you corps/regiment & trade.
    A lot of driving training such as LGV C & C+E and Hazmat are being curtailed due to budget cuts etc.
    If you RLC or REME you may, just may stand a better chance as you may need them in your trade.
    But getting loaded on to a course can take time as others have stated.

Oh and what you get told now may well be different by the time your ready to do the training!!!