Driving offences

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by smackay, Jul 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there, just looking for some help with regards to recruitment. I am looking to join the army, but i have a couple of driving conviction, driving with no license or insurance, just wondering if this would stop me from joining the army. really looking to sign up so hoping this would not affect me. i have been told that these are not regarded as criminal conviction but road traffic acts, just needing some clarification. Cheers

2. I don't really think these should hinder you , Like you said they aren't a conviction.

Best thing to do is get a hold of your Local Armed Forces Careers office & ask them they will give you a striaght answer as long as you are straight with them.

Good luck,

3. I lost licence for insurance im still joining infantry unless your role involves you driving cant see being any problems. My recuiter said its fine.

4. As Swansea said, shouldn't be a problem unless you want to be a driver, mechanic, reccy mech etc. However, joining the infantry still requires, in some instances, a driving licence for various roles, so, although you may not be hampered in joining until your convictions are spent your chances to fulfill certain roles may be limited.

Good luck anyway.

5. Thanks for the replies on this. i will contact recruitment office asap and explain my situation.

6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Can I suggest that you refrain from handing out legal advice?

Driving without Insurance is an Offence under the RTA 1988, as is Driving Without a Licence, and if found guilty both are classed as criminal convictions. They are however non recordable offences.

At the very least make sure that you declare them on your application form.

7. You can't join the infantry if you currently have a driving ban.

With regards to the OPs question, certain jobs allow you a maximum amount of points. Ask the recruiters in the ACIO/ AFCO.

8. No.
    End of.