Driving Minibuses

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by PK, May 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PK

PK Old-Salt

Any one know if you can drive an empty (ie no passengers) minibus on a B license or do you need D1 for that?
  2. Was told by the DVLA that I would need D1 even if empty. It is still classed as a minibus as there are seats.
  3. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yes. Its the number of seats rather than the number of passengers.

This turned out to be quite useful when I was picked to drive on a battlefield tour- unfortunately I haven't got D1!
  4. Like Duh!

Can I drive a tank with a motorbike licence if there's no ammo in it?
    (If I could find a tank with a motorbike licence!!)

What are your MT wallies doing that doesn't allow you to ask them?
  5. I think the point Sid is that you can drive a van (similar chasis,size etc) without a different licence from that which is issued on passing your B test. In fact you used to be able to drive a minibus without changing your entitlement. However new rules came in over 5 years ago to state that you had to take a new test to allow you to drive a minibus. This includes a theory test.

No need for Sh!te comments.
  6. SNAP !!!!!!!!

Don't give shite answers in the first place!
    1st answer, need D1
    2nd answer, B is OK, but rules changed 5 yrs ago!

Do you have fridge magnets on your planet? Numpty.
  7. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Now Now children, this a forum for dull norman type stuff not for dribble and tosh, please take it to the NAAFI if you want to bicker
  8. Not bickering PG, just feel that various users try and get some solid information and don't need to be cut down by sneering remarks