Driving License Points???

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by thegasman2000, Aug 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please can anyone confirm that if i have points on my DL i can only apply for certain trades. seems a tad harsh and i want to be a design draftsman but have 3 points and not allowed any???????
  2. new one on me my friend i would delve deeper if i were you.

IF that where the case then the corps would have no feckin mt's.

most of the drivers in mt's have more points than the "star of david" 8O :D 8O :D 8O :D 8O :D
  3. Yes points is a bar for some trades.

Look on your job breif your recruiting sgt gave you - should list all the requirements.

I have 3 points too but for my chosen trade this is fine, It also depends on your age, if you are 17 with 6 points that is sh*te, but a 26 year old wit 6 points isn't so bad.
  4. Design draughtsman is not a vehicle based trade so it shouldn't really disqualify you for that
  5. If you have points on your licence you are a criminal and not fit to serve in her Majesty's Armed Forces. Be off with you.
  6. Depends on your age mate. If you are under 21 and you get 6 points you will be banned. 3 points isn't a bar on joining up or on certain trades (as far as I know). Just keep your foot of the gas and don't be stupid and drink drink, you will be fine.