Driving license in the army

Discussion in 'RLC' started by T/J/LeGg, Dec 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi was woundering when you do you license's in the army car-hgv, do thay want to see if you can drive safe and well or do thay grill you on stuff like in civy street.

2. Its the same as the civvy driving test

3. they contract the training out to civvys and the test is done by the civvys, once you have your civvy quals you then train on the military vechicles 1 at a time in a military run course when you learn about off roading maintance etc

4. I wish we tested peoples spelling..........

5. No mate, its a copy of the Saudi and Uzbeki system, and the Cypriot Motorbike licence (if you wanted your bike licence that is!).

You have to do three turns through 90 degrees, one to the right, one to the left and the third of your choice.

There is a line of zigzag cones I think about 10 and its a 50 percent pass on this phase (you only have to leave 5 standing).

Emergency stop, where you simulate brake failure and your instructor is supposed to pull the handbrake "within the allocated distance".

You have to reverse on a square in a straight line for a total of 50 percent of the length of the vehicle, and maintain "straightness within one vehicle length".

Demonstrate, understanding of the mechanics by turning off the engine, removing the key, and demonstrate to your examiner your knowledge by taking the tyre pressure, and use of a fuel pump to refuel (got to be careful on this one, cos sometimes they trick you by making you stop at the PETROL pump when your driving a DIESEL vehicle) so keep your wits about you at all times.

Thats about all I can remember from my test maybe someone else will be able to give you some more up to date info....

I`m starting my pilots course with the AAC next year and just cant wait, cos my driving skills will surely come in handy on that course.

6. Do they still con you out of £15 in the Falklands, They made me pay up before they would let me start to build the road from East Cove up to March ridge

7. We'd be well und trulley buggard if thay did

8. You, Sir, are a fucking turd of monumental proportions. why are you woundering about stuff? You are clearly not fit to breathe and walk at the same time! I hope you get a smack in the knees with a cricket bat off of your instructor!

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I wouldnt know, there wasnt a road worthy of the name when I was there!

10. Normally your cat b (car) is done in your phase 2 establishment and then you go up to leconfield for cat c and c+e (truck and trailer). It's normally done by civvie driving instructors contracted to the Army and you do the same tests as any normal civvie. If you pass them you then move on to Military Vehicle Familiarisation. It used to be called Fams and Combats when I did it, I can't imagine its changed much more.

In short, the standards are no easier or harder if you did them in civvie street.

11. Would seem to have the right avatar then :wink:

12. Lucky for you, because there was SFA before we built them

13. BPS666 chill out was just a question want it, and i only asked it because my uncle was in the army years ago and he just had to show that he could drive safe and knew what he was doing

14. My wah radar is going into overdrive!

15. ferkin spoot oon buddd :wink: